1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date a beliver?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FANTIE, Mar 27, 2015.

1. FANTIE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was wondering because the major number of homosexuals are atheists. And I am not talking about Bieber.

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that I could close my eyes on it as long as he wouldn't try to explain his beliefs to me.

And by the way, Atheists are believers.

3. White Knight

I would prefer one actually.

At least we would have someone to turn to if things have a sour ending.

4. Yosia

Just as long as we could have deep discussions without them getting offended.

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As long as they don't try to save my soul, it's no problem to me. I love learning about religion, but I just see it as stories and not something to live my life by, but if my partner believed, then it would be no problem to me, because everyone needs something to believe in. :slight_smile:

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, as I am a believer in Christ. Would I date an atheist? Probably not. They have to believe in at least Judaism, but I prefer Christianity.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

What's about agnostic? I'm an agnostic myself and I see myself open to both.
    Wow, this is like talking about orientation

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. But please don't talk to me about it (only very rarely) or try to convert me.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If they believed me to be the best damn thing that happened to them, then yeah, I'd date a believer.

LOL.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are plenty of spiritual LGBT people. I'm not even sure it's safe to say that atheists are in the majority among LGBT people.

I've known couples where one was a pretty committed atheist and the other a pretty committed theist. As long as there's mutual respect and good communication, it's definitely possible.

11. Lyana

My entire family are Christian, and I'm an atheist, and I get along just fine with them. Most of my friends are agnostic or atheist, but my closest friend is Christian. The kid I work with is Muslim.
    I don't care what you believe in or which religion you follow, so long as you're moderate about them (ie, don't go on about how X group of people will rot in hell) and respect everyone else's beliefs. If it's not the main part of your life, it's cool with me.

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The question wasn't "would you date a straight person?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously...you'd be with them, but ask them to hide who they are, and not let you see it or share it with you? That sounds...problematic to me.

13. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

No, I don't think I would. Maybe an agnostic but definitely not a full believer. I think religion is ridiculous (I mean no offense by that, it is just my opinion). I would feel horrible if I felt that way about a partner's beliefs, but I can't (and won't) change my beliefs or pretend or ask my partner to hide who there are.

14. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could date someone who is religious, as long as they aren't evangelical or fundamentalist and don't force it on me.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd prefer someone else agnostic, or open-minded enough to not want to force their views on me.

16. LiquidSwords

They probably are where I live and in most of Western Europe though.. most people my age are atheists lgbt or not here

I think I would find it hard to be with anyone who was anywhere near serious about religion

17. Lazuri

As long as she wouldn't force her beliefs on me, I'd be okay with it. I prefer to live and let live.

18. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Yes. I don't care about religion myself but my parents are pretty religious and what is preached in church here isn't "you've got to believe in god" but "love each other". When there are catastrophes there are also prayers openly held for people of another (ore no) believe.A priest i know once said "you don't have to believe in christ to be a good christian"
    (which is why i'm always confused with the heated debates about religion going on here.Might be cultural differences)

so while i don't really think it makes sence thinking about something you can't prove anyway i don't care what my partner believes in.

19. tscott

I would have difficulty entering a serious relationship someone who didn't have the same faith as me. How would it be possible to create a truly supportive and intimate relationship when there is such a fundamental discrepancy between the two people? That doesn't mean two people couldn't love one another, but maintaining a long term relationship would be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

20. Lazuri

That's how church mostly works in Sweden too. It's more about the community, which I can respect without any difficulty at all.