1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to dream ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys !

Less than a year ago I used to have dreams for my life (like becoming the best dancer in the world) and what I wanted to do, then depression came and I stepped into the adults world... Thus I became really down to Earth, and I can't dream anymore...

Thus here are my questions:

Do you have dreams ?
    What are they ?
    Are you a dreamless person and why ?
    Have you gone through a dreamless period in your life ?
    If so, how did you get out of it ?

2. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Do you have dreams ?
    Yes, I have dreams. Not every single night, but I do have them.

What are they ?
    Random things
    Relationships - romantic or otherwise
    Sex
    Family
    And just completely random stuff like haunted houses or snakes

Are you a dreamless person and why ?
    No, I have dreams.

Have you gone through a dreamless period in your life ?
    Yes, and it was weird.

If so, how did you get out of it ?
    I don’t know or remember how I get out of dreamless periods. It just kinda happens.

3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Wait what? (excuse me, can't resist saying that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    I don't think he is referring to literal dreams, or is he?

4. Zombi3

Do what you enjoy, and when you're in that zone of happiness keep doing it and you might find enthusiasm in what you want.

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have lots of dreams (not the one caused by REM)! I dream of designing a game that will be widely played around the world and I will be well known for making it. I also dream of being with someone who loves me very much. I also dream of waking up and all I can see in the news are good news.

Obviously, I am not a dreamless person and never has been. I think that dreaming gives you goals. Things that will make you move on your own, not just go with the flow of life. Plus dreaming is not hard. Just be positive and creatively look in the future. Imagine yourself several years after. Im sure you can see yourself at least being with someone you love.

6. Gandee

Gandee Guest

For me, I don't think there is a period when I'm without dreams...and I had two episodes of depression. Guess I always keep hoping things will eventually get better. One day I wanted to join Doctor without Borders, other day I wanted to be a chef, now I want to be a sailor and am working toward it. Also realizing my dream of wanting to be in a relationship but that can wait. Am probably won't be of much help to you...

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have dreams?
    Yes I do. =)

What are they?
    I have quite some different dreams. Usually the following things are typical for my dreams:

1. I have quite a bit of control, coming to the point of reversing actions if I don't like them, or deciding what someone else answers (which sometimes makes my dreams unrealistic, as people appear "out of character").
    2. My dreams are a bit distorted. When I wake up, there seem to have been holes in my dreams or quite some inconsistencies.
    3. I almost always have the ability to jump very high, to skate with just normal shoes (floating above the ground, which is SO awesome and fast!! :icon_bigg )
    4. Some / Many unrealistic elements going on, although others are very realistic.

What are the dreams about? E.g. one was about me trying to go scuba diving in a swamp, since I didn't want to go on the boat - although the leader (I was a part of some group it seems) had necrotic hand wound due to water being filthy. I asked her whether it hurt her, and she was entirely outraged by the question (it was not that smart I think, but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), so I called her names and then I had to swim away quickly.

So yeah, quite odd. Quite a bit of my dreams are about running away from the police actually. :lol: The more realistic dreams are about me hanging out with people, usually my boyfriend is there too which I REALLY like!! :lol:

Are you a dreamless person and why?
    I'd say, no. =)

Have you gone through a dreamless period in your life?
    Sometimes I don't remember my dreams well, it can happen for quite some days in a row (like, more than 10 days I guess?).

If so, how did you get out of it?
    For me, things that happen in my life are quite often an inspiration for what I dream about. Although my dreams make them very bizarre (to the point of including 2D characters like Lilo & Stitch, like seriously?? :lol: ), but often I can lead them back to a few things that happened.

So I'd say... Try to get a bit more adventurous? :icon_bigg

8. CrazyAwkward

There have been a few times in my life where I've been so depressed that I couldn't think of anything to dream or hope for. That's a difficult mindset to get out of, but it is possible.

What always helps me is to start small. You don't have to start with finding a big life dream, little daily goals are a good beginning. Think of something you enjoy doing, or something you enjoyed doing before depression came along. For me, it was reading and playing video games. Even though I was depressed and my heart wasn't in it, I made myself sit down and do those things for a couple hours a day. And after I got started, it was enjoyable. From there I progressed to taking care of things around the house I was neglecting. Then spending more time outside the house. More time with people. Little by little, the depression lessened and was replaced with moments of enjoyment and happiness, until it wasnt blocking me from having dreams. I just went through this process again recently, and now I have a dream of attending a class that will give me a direction in life for the first time in a very long time.

It takes some effort, but I believe that, somehow, you will be able to have dreams for your life again :slight_smile:

9. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you a lot for sharing your inspiring story... Gave me hope... Thank you