1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to meet new people in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psaurus918, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Psaurus918

I was at Barnes and Noble last night just browsing the magazine aisle when this cute guy came over and we accidentally went to grab the same magazine and bumped hands in which I just said "sorry" and walked away (I don't handle confrontation well). A few minutes later he walked down the book aisle I was in and we made eye contact and he smiled while I smirked then went back to reading the book I was looking at.

Since then I keep asking myself "what if" he was gay and was trying to talk to me but isn't comfortable approaching me.

I remember reading in the past straight and gay people going to coffee shops and book stores alone trying to meet people but I'm not sure if that's a "thing" in my small city. Has anyone on here ever have similar experiences? or maybe think I'm being too hard on myself for thinking over and over about something I can't change?

2. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow that is a really sweet story. Don't beat yourself up about it. All you could have done is kept looking at him over your magazine to see if he was checking you out or not. It is really hard to know if someone is interested. He may have just happened to be going to the same spots as you or there may have been something more to it. Unless you give him some signals like looking at hi a few times over your mag or moving closer to him then he has nothing to determine that you are interested in men.