1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Weird Things Do You Do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by headie2infinity, Mar 28, 2015.

1. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Let me just say we are different and we odd quirks about ourselves! So I want to celebrate them and allow expressing help others to accept those in themselves. So my question is...

What weird/odd things do you do? Name one or name a ton!

Mine is that, I have 2 dachshunds (wiener dogs/hot dog dogs), that I am obsessed with. I LOVE MY PETS! :slight_smile:
    And I consistently sing to them. No I can't sing, and the songs aren't good. They are always made up or versions of songs changed to fit them into it.

I also make my boyfriend sing songs to them too. He humors me :slight_smile: haha. Most recently I made him sing Frank Sinatra "Luck Be A Lady" to them. So he did. Luckily he can sing, unlike me! So he sang to them, a deep Frank Sinatra voice... "Luck be a wiener tonight!"

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2015 at 01:16 PM ----------

Ah, probably should of posted this in fun and games, but I don't know how to move it now!

2. flyawayfree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to bite the ice off branches in the winter. I talk to my dogs on the phone. I turn my socks inside out so the seams don't bother me.

3. MisterTinkles

I go into doors marked "entrance" and go out of doors marked "exit".

I drive with my headlights on at night, in the rain/fog/snow, and when its overcast.

I hand my money to the cashier, instead of throwing it all over the counter.

I have my money/payment method ready before I get in the checkout line.

I stop at red lights and stop signs.

I wait for pedestrians to get out of the way before I drive past them.

I don't shove my way into and out of doorways when someone else is coming or going through one.

I keep my shopping cart to the side of the isle, so others can get passed, instead of leaving it there in the middle of the goddamned isle so nobody can get passed it.

I wait for my turn instead of cutting somebody off.

I do all sorts of weird things like this......every day!

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My very existence is weird, so basically I can't do shit without it getting weird

5. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Those things are just inexplicably weird! You are a rare specimen!

6. itsmary

I do a fairly amount of weird shit.

For example, I never talk to anyone when I wake up. I spend way too much time touching my eyebrows and I get REALLY angry when someone ruins my daily routine. Everything has to be organized in my life haha

7. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I talk online to people i don't know anonymously :lol:

i admit that was a little mean

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I have explained some of my eccentricities in other threads. There are quite a lot, as I am quite an "unusual" person in the eyes of the "normal".

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People say I'm eccentric. They call me weird and they're the ones checking out fatal accident scenes. I can handle real gore, if I really need to, but, otherwise, I'd rather not see it. Almost everyone has a morbid curiosity.

One of the 'weird' things I do is I write in my blood. It might sound worse than it really is. I know what I'm doing. It's fair enough if people are freaked out because they have some fear of blood.

Personally, I think it's weirder that sometimes I enjoy reading advertisements in telephone directories such as the Yellow Pages. I don't really understand this behvaiour. Maybe I find it interesting to observe business ideas.

One time I was so bored that I worked out the median prices of various cars for sale in a newspaper.

I used to throw my voice and read aloud personal ads from newspapers, to amuse my family and friends. I couldn't help it because they're too funny.

This isn't even getting into my collection of knives.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To copy & paste from here:

11. lemur4

i listen to youtube videos of people speaking different languages just because they all sound cool.
    i listen to ppl talk and try to imagine what it would sound like if i didn't know english.

12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    On this occasion I think I will just find it easier to say:

Everything I've done since the 14th November 1985 - the day I was born. I'm not even exaggerating about that; I was hiccuping in the cot all day and attracting funny looks :lol:

13. Stripe101

I've been called unusual as well as a barrage of less pleasant things.

But weird things I do... let's see... ah, yes! If I'm having an argument with someone, I have a habit of asking random strangers around me what their opinion on the subject is.

I also make sure any light switch I touch goes back to its original position. Although that may be because of undiagnosed OCD.

[​IMG]

14. fragileflame

There are probably a lot more weird things that I do but I have two that come to mind....I bite my hair follicles off my hair when it falls out of the root. I also bite the skin around my nails, and I only bite the pinky nail. (Both gross I know) Oh! I also have a huge fear of showers...I do not like water falling on my head. I have to get baths and things like that...

15. Jolly Roger

I enjoy answering people's questions with other questions. For example, someone will ask "why would you do that?" and I will respond with "The real question is why would I not do that?"
    I also Like to eat my food symmetrically, so I always have the same amount on either side.

16. Psaurus918

I don't talk much even when people ask me questions that require long answers I try and make it as short as possible. I rather listen to people than talk.

When I get nervous I bite my lips violently

I try my hardest not to walk on cracks (idk why)

17. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see, most of the strange things I tend to do are to do with running, as I would have a system and I just never really got out of it. For example: I always put my left shoe on first, unless it's a race when I put might right shoe on first:lol: , when taping my knees I would always do up the left knee first no matter what, and when I finish it's 3 taps of the knees to make sure the tape stays on: below the knee, above, and below. Oh, yeah, I always have a quarter, or preferably a dollar coin with me that I roll back and forth over my knuckles when thinking or considering something. I picked the habit up during poker nights, and I still do it:lol: It is a bit annoying when I inevitably lose said coin though:bang:

That's about as weird is I get tbh. I'm a pretty boring person :/

18. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    These are all wonderful! :slight_smile:

Hm lets see if I can add another one.

I get really mad when unexpected things come up. Like someone will ask me if I want to come over for dinner on that same day and I almost get offended because I like to plan in advance. "ARE YOU MAD, HOW COULD I POSSIBLY COME TO DINNER, I NEED AT LEAST A WEEKS NOTICE" :slight_smile:

19. Tails

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm, i very rarely use swear words, if i end up stubbing my toe or hitting my head etc, i always seem to have random words that come out instead. Example - I always say Crumpits or Muffin, instead of Crap, Sh*t etc. Not sure if that's weird or not, but it's just the way it seems to naturally come out now.
    Not sure if it counts as a weird/odd thing, but i also really dislike eating and food in general. I've always been the same since i was a toddler, i can happily skip Breakfast and Lunch, and just eat a dinner with the family, but even then my portion size is normally really small. I just find eating quite boring at times. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Lazuri

I do not step on manholes. I avoid them like the plague.

I avoid the sun, but can take long walks when the full moon is out or even just sit and bask in the light as if I'm tanning.

I freeze up when I see blood. Not because I have a phobia but because I find it beautiful. Taste, texture and color, I love all of it.

There's probably more, but I always forget the things that make me weird.