1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anyone who has same-sex parents?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Driftr

How was your life being raised with same sex parents? Also do you think you turned out well?

Do you feel like you're lacking something from not having an opposite-sex parent the way people opposed to same-sex parenting like to suggest?

2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have same sex parents but I was raised by my mother and grandmother with no father figure present and I don't feel like I missed out at all. I had two parents that loved me and cared for me and provided everything for me that I needed to become a functioning adult. Neither myself nor my sister have ever smoked, taken drugs or abused alcohol. We both have a university education and she is just starting a family.

Sometimes I wish my father had been around and I can get teary eyed when father-daughter events are mentioned or take place because I feel left out but being raised by two strong, confident and amazing women, regardless of whether they were in a relationship or not, has not made me a weaker or disadvantaged person.