1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay men who prefer female friends...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MotelGuy, Mar 29, 2015.

1. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All of my friends are women...I can't stand straight boys with their anti-gay attitudes, and oxymoronic behavior...Any other Gay men feel this way?

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well most of my friends are female, but it's not because I can't stand straight guys (I do have a few straight guy friends)...I guess I just often don't have a lot in common with them, especially since I'm pretty feminine. I just "click" with girls better.

3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I don't have much in common with girls, but it's easier to talk to them somehow. Girls I know also seem to be more open to new things. That said, I do want to have some close male friends :/

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my friends are girls. :slight_smile:

5. Hiems

Two reasons why I prefer female friends. From my experience, a lot of straight guys are insecure with their sexuality, i.e. anything that they say or do that has gay innuendos warrants a "NO HOMO BRO". They also justify usage of homophobic slurs by saying that they have gay friends. Really? One would think that having gay friends would mean you would forgo using homophobic slurs, just like having friends of certain racial minorities would mean you would forgo using slurs associated with racial minorities :dry:

Not all straight guys are like this, but the majority of them act this way, and it irks me. So yes, most of my friends are women because the ones I've met so far aren't homophobic.

6. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dunno why but I find it easier to be friends with girls. I must have a non aggressive aura since they knew from the beginning that I was interested in their personality and didn't want to go out with them. (hugging or sitting on my lap was kinda normal) Even when I was in Drama Club I thought the girls were my friends since I didn't realize they were hitting one me xD
    However I used to frequent mostly guys.

I've only kept "close" with a few girls over this last year and one or two guys.

7. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my close friends are girls, but I do have a good relationship with several guys. Most of them are pretty laid back and don't have the whole "straight stigma" about them that your "typical jock" types do.

8. Images and Words

Yup. As a nerd, the only guy friends I can stand are other nerds, the popular guys in my school are so homophobic ("oh, that's so gay") so I try to hang out with either girls or people in the nerd group.

9. Justinian20

Well I've had mostly female friends throughout my whole life just naturally. They are definitely easier to talk to and I never knew when they were flirting with me, I was the guy who always was more comfortable around female friends. I did force myself to make guy friends, but I do not know how to talk to them properly still. The only conversations I have with guys are pretty much History, Gaming, Music and very deep conversations about issues affecting people.

Girls I can talk about life and all that. I can ask about university and how they are going and I can just talk about normal stuff. Now I can even talk about fashion and things like that. I mean it is so much easier to talk to female friends. So (raises hand high into the air) Yes I do prefer female friends.

10. randomly me

randomly me Guest

thumbs up for nerds.The best kind of people in either gender.:thumbsup:

11. Foz

Foz Guest

I've always had mostly male friends, but right now it's pretty much a 50/50 split as the vast majority of my female friends are from uni. I've never gone looking specifically for either sex as friends, just most of the activities I enjoy are male dominant.

12. bchamp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I mostly have male friends, although the closest friends I have to me are female

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

All my friends are guys and iv very rarely had female ones. I just get on better with guys more for some reason.

14. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know which I prefer, but female friends would be good. :slight_smile:

15. Rapha Lover

Yep!
    I'm not gay, but actually I love make friendly with girls! I don't know exactly why , but when I still between girls, specially with my great best friend (my ''friend-sister) I feel more free to be myself! Some girls are open mind about a lot of things (especially about relationships and sexuality). Meanwhile with boys, I don't feel comforted anymore. (Years ago, I had male friends, but a lost contact with majority and only one who talk sometimes) At least that I meet, always behave like ''Alpha male'', with prejudice about gays and more and more jokes about this and talk about boobs and vaginas! (Earlier, when I saw me as straight guy, I talk with my old friends about theses machisms things and I laugh a lot, but today I don't funny in theses kind of thing anymore and, for sure, never accepted my true sexuality).

Anyway, I'm realy like boys, girls, etc.!
    But to friendship, girls are better! I dream one day make friendship with gay guy as well <3

16. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have "work friends" of both sexes, but most of my true friends are female. Why? Simple, it's hard to find straight guys who like talking about boys.

17. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mexico seems like a very traditional and conservative country, which sucks. I've actually never met an openly homophobic person here, of either gender. Being homophobic just isn't acceptable anymore, the same as being racist.

Most of my friends are guys, cos most girls I know are too caught up in bullshit, drama and bitching, and their outward friendliness is superficial and fake. At least with guys you know where you stand. Girls act nice to your face and talk shit about you later.

#17 imnotreallysure, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  18. C P

C P

Well not exactly the demographic here but have to say that I'm also someone who tends to have more female friends(though I do have guy friends; even one or two best). It's probably a 70/30 split as of now.

I just hardly ever feel like I fit in with guys...with one guy I can be fine after a bit of warming up, but with a group of guys - HELL NO. I end up feeling very uncomfortable, nervous, out of place, etc. It's pretty much almost always been this way, too. Ex: Back in school, I would have guys try to befriend me but I would usually click with girls a lot quicker.

What's crazy about it though is that I'd say I have more (interests) in common with the (stereotypical) guy than I do the (stereotypical) girl, probably a fair bit at that.

19. LiquidSwords

What do you mean oxymoronic behaviour?

The significant majority of my friends are guys.. being gay doesn't get in the way of that

20. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have friends of both sexes, and I honestly don't care what sex my friends are. I live in a fairly liberal area, so my male friends are not at all homophobic. I guess I spend more time with my female friends, but that's not because I prefer them over the others. I like the company of both, men and women.