1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weddings...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 15, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

I'm really bored and emotionally/physically upset, so I thought I'd start a happy thread...

Who wants to get married?
    If you do, have you thought about the wedding at all? What about life after that magical moment?

Mike and I always talk about this and it's what we really want.
    I'll add a little bit from one of the letters I received from him while he was at training...

'As for getting married... Yes, I DO! want to get married. And more importantly, I want to get married to you. I know how much this means to you, and I'm honored that you want to share this with me. Which is why you can do it however you want. The location, the cake, the invitations... whatever. You choose.'

So here are the details...
    - I've wanted to be married here before I even saw the 'Sex and the City' movie. I've always loved books, and the first time I went to the New York library, I was absolutely enchanted.
    Theme: Completely traditional
    - Okay, so yeah... I understand theme weddings, but they're just not for me. You will not see me in a 'Southern' or 'Victorian Gothic' or 'Rocky Horror' themed wedding. That's just not my style.
    Honeymoon: Doesn't matter to me at all
    - I don't care where I celebrate as long as I celebrate with the man I love.

Life afterwards: I have no idea... Mike said I can dictate this as well, and as awesome as that is, I want him in on this because it's not MY future, it's OURS. All he and I have talked about are that we want four kids; three boys and one girl. He let me choose the names, but I made him approve of them first.
    The boys are:
    1.) Broderick Mason
    2.) Elaeus James
    3.) Sabastian Taylor
    The girl is:
    1.) Charlotte Elizabeth

That's a good start... and I think that's all I'll have for a while.
    It's hard to talk to Mike with him enrolled right now.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really interested in getting married. Not anymore. I guess it'd be nice to have the official benefits, but I don't need the piece of paper to prove what we've got.

Last year was my partner's 40th birthday. We rented the Real World suite in the Palms in Las Vegas, and a bunch of friends flew in for a catered party. Although not exactly focused on "us", it was in many ways similar to a wedding - forcing people to drop what they were doing and come watch our vanity production. They at least were fed well, and in sumptuous surroundings. :slight_smile:

No kids. We'd make lousy parents.

Lex

3. thespanishheart

aawww that's sweet (*hug*)

I think if you want to get married, you shoudl definately do it!

At this point I don't know if I ever will or not. If my future partner wanted to, I probably would --- I'm just on the fence right now.

Make sure he has input though! You're totally right that it's "OUR LIVES". He'll feel much more included if you both work in this together.

I don't know if I want kids though. I don't think I'd be the best parent haha

4. jazzrawr

I dunno - maybe one day. It all depends on whether I find the right person, and if they want to.

Kids are a maybe as well - I know I won't be the one to have them XD
    So either my partner would, or I'd adopt.
    I'm opting for adoption - helping a kid with no home seems better than having one.

5. Hoppip

I have no clue what kind of wedding I want or if I even want to get married. I know I'd want it to be someplace special and unconventional, something that's meaningful only to the two parties involved, like an inside joke that nobody understands (thus making it that much better).

I'd want to get married in the middle of fall, when everything is illuminated in shades of orange by innumerable leaves. Maybe in a dry, deciduous forest during the fall, when little speckles of sunshine fall intermittently through the leaves, and the ground is a hard layer of dirt and the chairs are all simple and uncomfortable.

6. Amy

Amy

Late fall/early winter. Late afternoon/evening-midnight.

Almost everything I have plannned is technical.

But I want two kids. Pregnancy and childbirth scare the shit out of me, so I'm adopting.

7. pirateninja

I'd like to get married/civil partnership, but it would depend on what my partner wanted as well. If she didn't, I'd respect that. But I'd like to make sure that legal stuff (eg if I died, my partner would get my money etc) was sorted.

As for kids; I'm certainly not having them, and to be honest, I don't think I'd make a good parent anyway. If my partner wanted one herself, I'd certainly be behind her all the way, but I'd prefer to adopt. Not only does it skip the whole feeding, vomiting, arse wiping stage that you have to go through with babies, but you get to give a kid a home that they didn't have, which is nice.

8. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it would depend on the person and if they wanted to get married, I don't really care all that much. One thing though is no babies... not for me, I could adopt an older child but I couldn't do that... If my partner wanted to have a baby, I wouldn't care, as long as I wouldn't have to be a big part of

#8 BlakeHarmony, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  9. Adam

If I were to fall in love I would like too, but I would have a very small ceremony.

10. sdc91

Of course! At least a Civil Union, but marriage would be nice.

11. davo-man

I definately wanna get married, just need to find the man first (and possibly alter some laws :wink: ) I haven't thought about it tooo much, but I decided that I want the wedding in a big hall, with big white draps behind me and my man. White coverings on the chairs, white flowers...Yes, I'm into the whole "White Wedding" thing. Our suits would be charcoal grey, with white pinstrip possibly. I've drawn the worst diagram ever for further info:

[​IMG]

So basically, there will be flowers in the corners, white draps as a background etc etc

As for personnel: Currently I want my three besties to be my "Best People", so Ben would be my best man, and Tarran and Danielle would be Maids of honour (if you can have more than one hehe). I want the two girls to wear white summer, flow-ey dresses, cos I figure no one is gunna be able to wear a white dress hehe.

For the reception, I wanna rent out an Italian cafe and just have a huge dinner party. I don't mind that there wouldn't be a dance floor, cos I find wedding dancefloors awkward. Basically, guests can order what they want and we just pick up the bill (Obviously I want my hubby to be rich..hehe, nah, as long as I love him, I don't care about his financial status).

...Okay, I guess I've thought about it more than I thought hehe

Attached Files:

12. Marriage- I'm not really sure. It would certainly be nice. But otherwise, just a dedicated relationship with legal benefits, etc. The wedding would be traditional, and very small- only our direct families and close friends, probably. Afterwards, 2.5 cockerspaniels, His&His coffee mugs... :roflmao: That will never happen.

Kids- Even if I don't have a husband or significant other, I want kids. More than one. If I adopted, I'd want infants/newborns, so I could experience everything, even "the whole feeding, vomiting, arse wiping stages." But a surrogate mother is also a possibility. As far as names go, I'd have to see my children before I named them.

13. Nodnarb

Yeah, I'd like to get married someday. I mean, it's not a huge deal. But if I find the right guy and fall in love, then definately.

As for kids, I don't really care strongly either way. I go back and forth, sometimes I spend some time with little kids and think it would be wonderful to be a parent. Othertimes, I don't think I could put up with them. And a lot of the time I don't think I'd make that good of a father anyways. But if my husband/partner wanted kids, I would be fine with that. If he didn't, I would be fine with that too.

14. Kryz

I don't really know if I wanna get married.

Since marriage is a LIFETIME commitment, and I dunno If I'll ever find someone as special. I just have a marrige idea, where it's like the ultimate commitment, I respect the whole meaning too much.

I want kids, I do. I'll might have one or two of my own, AND one adopted for sure. I'd call a kid Iñaki, and a girl Nyx.

15. musican

I would like to get married, or at least have something with all the legal benefits to take care of my partner if something happened to me or vice versa. I would want a small wedding and a really amazing, romantic honeymoon. Paris or Venice sound nice, haha.

Even if I don’t find anyone I want to marry, so anyone who wants to marry me, I am having kids. If I am 30 and I’m single with no kids, I don’t care what anyone says, I’m having kids. Surrogate or adoption, it doesn’t matter much to me, but I’m having kids and preferably from a young age; I know the "the whole feeding, vomiting, arse wiping stages" don’t sound too glamorous or anything, but I want to be there for a child for their entire life; I want to get to know them from the beginning. That said, if there was a dying kid that nobody was adopting and I thought I could help, I would adopt him/her but I would really prefer a baby.

16. Ben

Ben

I wouldn't really mind, as long as it was with the right person. And I change my idea about my perfect wedding all of the time.
    But I'm not into the whole traditional thing. It would be nice to have the ceremony outside. A beach would be wonderful, but then it would have to be abroad and of course there would be the chance of rain. But that's okay because having a marriage in the rain would be one of the most beautiful things ever.
    Then there's the snow. I adore snow. And I prefer cold places to warm places, so having a ceremony outside when it's snowing would be very beautiful.
    No suits though. the dress code is strictly casual. And everyone is invited.

Then for our honeymoon we'd go to an extremely cold place where it snows constantly but stay in a nice warm and cosy place, where we will sit by the fireplace drinking hot chocolate.

As for children, we will adopt many. Even if I don't get married, I'm having children.

17. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I would like to get married. But not necessarily in a big white wedding-y way.

18. Fiorino

I'd like to get married. Probably medium-small, I haven't thought
    the details yet. Then later on I'd like 2-4 kids, preferably 3.
    It'd be nice to have one of my own (surrogate) and one of my
    partner's, and then adopt another few, but we'll see how it
    works out. :icon_bigg

19. RENThead

i dont think i want to get married...
    the government doesnt want to make it legal. so why should i want to conform?