1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where are your views on abortion? Do you agree with it or do you think it's morally wrong?

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I won't develop 'cause it could take very long, but well I'm totally for abortion.
    As long as the little thing still is inside, it ain't killing.

Just keep in mind that it isn't birth control, if one doesn't want a kid: At least wear a goddamn condom.

#2 Aeolia, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

We discussed this in class for about 1/4 year so i have a lot of different views on it.
    I'm generally against it but if someone wants to do it it's their decision and their body and i can understand why you'd do it

The baby is still a living thing for me after the biological point

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally am for legalizing abortion. However, I think after a certain point there isn't much difference whether the baby is inside or outside of you. For example, I find it hard to argue that aborting a baby, for example a day before birth, is acceptable while killing the baby right after birth is not. But generally, I'd support the right to abort.

An interesting question is also what rights the father has (if known)? Surely he should not have as much say, since the baby is not leeching off of him, but I don't believe it is completely the woman's decision when it is his baby too. I feel most people don't consider the father's opinion.

5. antibinary

I think that if cis men could get pregnant, there would be no debate.

Anyway, I am pro-choice as the fetus is for all extents and purpouses, a parasite (It cannot survive on it's own, takes nutrients from the 'host' and causes problematic side affects) and the mother (unless, your a trans guy or an enby afab) has the right to get rid of a parasite. Plus, what if she's raped, would get servere health problems, does not have the emotional or financial means, needs to finish her degree, and people who just don't want a baby are more likly to be bad parents.

6. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I think it's interesting that since everyone is from different parts of the world the law is different for everyone

7. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it's morally wrong but I don't see why my opinion should affect another person's decision so much. I am pro-choice.

8. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pro-choice and support a woman's right to choose at up to 20 weeks. I think after 20-24 weeks, you should only have one for rape, incest, life/well being, or fatal fetal defects. I also think, however, access to contraception and birth control would lower the amount of unwanted pregnancies, as well as comprehensive sex education. Teach adolescents properly about sex, and don't give them abstinence only. That causes more pregnancies than anything because then that have no clue what to do.

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pro-choice. I think it should be the pregnant person's choice if they want to abort or not. Some trans guys can get pregnant and it's their choice as well.

Sex education about contraception, reduces the number of unwanted pregnancies. And so does more access to contraception. There will always be some irresponsible people, and they almost certainly aren't going to change for the better if they're forced to give birth. It isn't terribly productive to force people to give birth, even if it's to punish them for being irresponsible.

I think there are plenty kids needing adoption. If abortion is illegal, people can find more unsafe ways to abort. I'm glad to live in a country where abortion is legal. I'm more interested in practicality than morality, so my answer might not be what you're looking for :eusa_doh:

11. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the morality argument is not appropriate because it will always be a difficult decision, even if it made universally morally acceptable.

It is never a decision taken lightly, and a woman who takes it is rarely unaware of the implications of it, and in such difficult times she does not need the burden of being accused of being immoral.

I think legally it should always be permitted.
    However I think that, at least in the UK ,more needs to be done to give women options to keep the baby, if the only reason she needs to abort are economical.

I had a flatmate who had an abortion due to the fact it was a result of casual sex & she had no means to look after the child, I sensed that it was the only reason which pushed her into making that decision and she did not fully 'want it', so I think such situations could be prevented.

12. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup.

As for morally wrong... I guess I could see how aborting a baby is morally wrong, but preventing a life (that hasn't even been born yet) is less morally wrong than ruining a mother's life, who has been born and been alive for several years.

13. randomly me

randomly me Guest

it doesn't have to ruin her live.Someone could adopt it.

14. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-choice, always will be.

15. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like this topic has come up a couple times before, but I'm against it. Obviously I'm not a monster, if it looks like the mother's life is in danger, I support saving the mother, but those cases are rare anyway. Overall, I don't think that your child should die because it's an inconvenience to you.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I am pro-choice.

Abortion is more of a gray area because I know It's hard to make that choice and few decide irresponsibly. Plus, if the mother was raped, I find it absolutely heartless to both mother AND baby. Considering my Mom was assaulted when she was 11, my life would have been utter shit if a pregnancy happened then, and I would have been abused and raped by her father as well. I am glad she waited until she was ready, with consensual sex and planning; my life is far better because of it.

17. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pro-choice, up until the point that the baby can survive by itself outside of the womb.

18. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pro-choice. In the first pregnancy months it's just a bunch of thoughtless cells anyway.

19. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I support it...

20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm pro choice because I have no right to choose what anyone else does.

Personally, I think it's okay to get an abortion if you were raped, underage, or your protection failed, because you didn't choose to get raped, and you didn't choose for your protection to fail, so it's not your fault.
    For someone who is underage, I think abortion is okay, because I don't think one mistake should shape your whole life.

If you refused to use protection or 'changed your mind' or anything like that, I think it's immoral to have an abortion. However, I think it's cruel to give birth to a child if you intend to give them up for adoption at birth, because then, that child has to grow up knowing their biological parents didn't want them, and they only add to the huge amount of children in orphanages, thus making it more difficult for older children to be adopted, as people prefer younger children when it comes to adoption.

But I can't make that choice for anyone, and I don't intend to make that choice for anyone.

#20 ForNarnia, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015