1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the "Kill the gays" ballot measure

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Driftr

As I type this..I've never been more outraged in my entire life. I've never realized until now how laws protecting us are literally so important. I'm just in way too much shock right now to type much.

But I do I have one question. If such a ballot measure was passed, wouldn't there also have to be a "Kill the fornicators" ballot measure as well as a "Kill the adulterers" ballot measure as well? I mean all three are equally seen as a sin in the bible anyway so why shouldn't these crazy religious bigots go for it? They could also add in a "Kill anyone who doesn't share your religious views" ballot measure as well since God in the bible frequently calls for the murder of idolaters or "pagans"

I'm surprised that countries like Nigeria that have passed the "Kill all the gays" act haven't considered passing the same laws for fornication and adultery. That's just massively hypocritical if you ask me.

2. AKTodd

Expecting either logic or consistency from the sort of people who push these kinds of things is setting yourself up for disappointment every time.

Todd

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. In this case and any flawed flow of thought like it, they attempt to back up their hate, nothing else.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Firstly, the law would be unconstitutional since it completely goes against the 2003 Supreme Court ruling, Lawrence v. Texas. I'm not even sure how they can let it go as far as the ballot.

Second of all, the people who try to pass these laws don't really care all that other stuff. As AKTodd said, you shouldn't be expecting logic from these people.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is unconstitutional. If laws like that could pass, I don't think "kill the fornicators/adulterers" would be as popular. It's just more socially accepted to hate gay people for some reason.

6. guitar

As AKTodd said, do not expect to reason someone out of an argument they did not reason themselves into.