1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tecktonik Dance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I recently found out about this style of dancing which has just started developing in France in the last 5/10 years, called Tecktonik. You can see an amazing example of it here:
    'A Cause des garcons'
    [YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bytf3gZMFkY[/YOUTUBE]

It looks so cool! I have this wierd dancing style I sometimes do when I'm listening to music all by myself, and it's really similar to this, except not nearly so cool. And when I saw this, I thought "Wow! That's my kind of dance!" I'd really love to learn how to do it properly, but it's such a new thing and pretty much spreads through word of mouth apparently.

So what do you think of it? Cool or stupid?

2. Nevermind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stupid in a cool way. And I like his shoes.

3. Janvier

Better vid
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4tcvwKGMY[/YOUTUBE]

The fad was getting huge in France, everybody was 'dancing' Tecktonik, in the streets, schhols, busses, hospitals, everywhere, until they realized how ridiculous they were.
    I mean, the dance is kinda ok, but you dance in nightclubs, you know, not in the street with your cellphone...
    And most of the kids were utter crap at Tecktonik, they'd to the 'hair swipe' thing and a few other moves and that was basically it, they'd do it over and over.
    Some guys are amazind, Team SMDB practically invented it all.
    It started at 'Le Métropolis' when they had 'Soirées Tecktonik Killer' with Electro House music and the Tacktonik dances featuring, JeyJey who started it all with his infamous 'Garage vid', Lili Azian who dances Jumpstyle Tecktonik in high heels, and many other minor celebrity's.

The fad is pretty much dead now with all the Fluo Kids taking over.

4. Hoppip

AHH. I love Yelle. I found that music video and basically thought that dance was the most righteous thing in the world. And I want to learn it. :grin:

5. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

All of the cool stuff comes out France. Parkour just a fine exaple. Seems they have copied a bit of the 80's and 90's early rave moves but it is unique. I really like watching it.

I really need to get me some of those shoes!!!!

6. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I burst out laughing 30 seconds in.
    It looks ridiculous! (But I guess anybody could do it.)

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

... why not just dance and have fun???
    Seriously. This is how I dance whenever I try and embarrass myself (which is almost always when there's music to dance to)

8. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Ok first thing i thought after laughing for a while was "Hey this reminds me of krumping." at which then i preceded to laugh even harder.

I have to admit thought the video is pretty cool although i dont think i will ever dance like that (im not one to dance in the first place). The guys in it were kinda cute to :lol:

For those of you who dont know, krumping dancing that kinda looks like this but its ten times worse (no offense to people who do it, i mean, whatever floats your boat right?). They dance (if you call it dancing) to rap and hip-hop music instead of techno so the beat is a bit faster. Theres also a lot of chest pumping but it has the head-swipe-thing like Techtonik. Its also a lot of random movements but it still kinda looks like this dance.

The only thing is that its a whole lot more ridiculous because it often looks like the people doing it are having a seizure. Its supposed to be a form of expression of emotion and supposed to keep kids from violence but to me its just kinda retarded. Maybe the kids at my school dont do it very well but they honestly look like a bunch of people suffering from epilepsy :lol:

9. Choucho

I think it looks cool. I wouldn't mind knowing who those guys in the second video are. >.>;;

I prefer more Asian-pop style of dancing (if you want to see what I mean, go look up Nami Tamaki - believe angle 2 or DBSK - Rising Sun, or Alan Luo - One Man Show), but hey. I bet it takes more effort than pretty much anything I've seen in an American music video.

10. Janvier

The guys in the 2nd vid are the Team SMDB : Spoke, Maestro and Jack Herror, I think Jack Herror (white tee) is soo cute :grin:

11. Kryz

It's cool...

I would never be able to even attempt it but, its cool