1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I found out my mom's view on same-sex marriage...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AngelWings17, Apr 1, 2015.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Just over a week ago after my mom had picked me up from school I said that the two chapters in Ethics that I was most excited for were Sexual Morality and Same-Sex Marriage. She asked why I was excited for the chapter on same-sex marriage and I answered that everyone can and should be allowed to marry.

That's when she said that same-sex couples can be in a relationship or a partnership, but can't get married. That she's old fashioned in the definition of marriage.

Now the want to come out to her is completely gone. Mostly due to fear that she'll disown me. I MIGHT come out to my sisters, but never to my mom.

:tantrum: :eusa_doh: :bang: :***:

2. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well, she didn't say she hated same-sex couples, she said she doesn't support gay marriage. I mean, that's not exactly a condemnation of gay people, at least I don't feel it is, it's like you said, she's just 'old fashioned.' Unless she worded it in an angrily and disgusted manner I don't think it's too much of an issue to talk about it, if for no other reason than a friendly debate (those exist, believe it or not).

3. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

She did sound kind of disgusted when I mentioned it and was talking about it herself. I'm just not going to come out to her.