1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Church's Insane Obsession with Sex.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GuitarGirl1350, Nov 16, 2008.

1. GuitarGirl1350

After having read a blog on one of my most hated blog sites (where I go and try to spread the idea of diversity, gasp! They're all white middle-class Christians.) I'm quite angry.

There's an ex-gay who gets a featured post once in a while, usually about his ex-gaydom. He's incredibly self-righteous while trying to retain a selfless, caring image. I don't much care for him, but what he said in his blog completely reinforces the idea that all the Church (not Christianity, but the church) cares about is our deviant sex. It's an obsession. Why, I ask. Why is my sex life of such concern to the Church? I'm not forcing to you watch, participate in, or sacrifice your children to, my big 'ol lesbian orgy in the tabernacle.

I was raised Christian and I don't remember anywhere in the bible where it says "And so the LORD said unto them, 'You must always consider the sex life of those around you. You may not associate with the deviant (and by this I mean those homos), you may not do it in any pleasurable way.' The LORD looked upon their faces and they all agreed, and this tradition shall continue for at least 2000 years."

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Common, standard self-righteousness. If they're not doing something the way you do, they're wrong and you have the right to rip up the Constitution and step all over their human rights until they are routinely beaten and killed.

3. Oh, yeah I know that verse. I think it's somewhere the Book of Modern Bullshit. But, they're just trying to save your eternal soul. Obviously all gay people who choose not to deny themselves the right to live the same life as most straight people are going to Hell.