1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear future me...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sam the man, Apr 1, 2015.

1. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sitting here at about 5.50am my time, and my Easter break started well enough but it's descending into the usual inertia that most of my holidays end up in. That and the lack of sleep tonight has me thinking more deeply than usual (as usual). I could be much much more, but I'm being too lazy/careless/directionless to make any lasting changes. Which is why I've decided to try a different tactic, which is to write my own "manifesto", in which I will write pledges to myself, and roughly a year from now I will review it to see how many of my promises I've kept.

I hope for this to be a positive thread where everyone can share their goals and help each other realise them. So, EC- what are your pledges to yourself a year from now? What do you want to achieve in the next 12 months (or whatever term you want to use)? I'll start with some of my central promises:

By April 4th, 2016 I will...
    • Exercise regularly to a point where I'm healthy and happy with my appearance
      [*]Read at least 18 books (cover to cover)
      [*]Keep on with aikido and enter a competition
      [*]Complete painting my warhammer 40k army
      [*]Have kept in contact with the friends I've made this year, and any others I make in the meantime
      [*]Join my student newspaper
      [*]Acquire a new skill- probably drawing or coding
      [*]Be able to convincingly answer at least five searching questions about myself - eg. what I'm passionate about, what my values are
      [*]Begin learning another language

2. Gen

Gen

As an obsessive planner, I appreciate this thread idea.

By April 4th 2016, I will...
    • Be nearly finished with this manuscript.
    • Have heard back news about this program
    • Step up my networking skills for the future
    • Read more non-fiction
    • Read more classics
    • Step up my local volunteering game again. There are a couple literacy and shelter organizations that I've been meaning to check out.
    • Continue to strike fear in the hearts of men
    • Be one step closer to succeeding in my plans for world domination.