1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender adventures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Growing up in a small, semi-rural town in Sweden, I never had much exposure to the whole LGBTQ scene. My outward face, then, was a typical, cis-sexual, cis-gender boy. Early on I experimented with my sexuality. I very much regretted this later. Suffice to say, it brought me to a dark place and I was consumed with self-hatred. Now, I have come to the conclusion that I'm most probably exclusively into girls, with a minor bicuriosity.
    My gender is another question, however. I often thought of what it would be like to have a female body when I was little, and extremely jealous of girls, who were allowed to express their feelings best they wished while I was of course always expected to bottle everything up. Even so, I was often singled out as acting "queer" i.e. feminine. I often spent time with girls when I could, who always called me "cute" etc., and being "not like other boys".

It was not until recently that I thought to myself "Gosh, this is just silly. I should really detectivize a bit here (achievement of the day: invent a word!)"
    I think this was because, first, I was tired of having 'male' expectations put upon me, and that I now felt safe enough to be open about myself. Second, I now attend school in a bigger town with a more open mentality, and there are lots of LGBT people in my class.
    So I went on an online adventure, Wikipedia etc., and I was like... okay, transgender is a label which 100% fits me. Okay, genderqueer, largely the same, also fits. And I looked at all the different varieties and without a doubt 'Trigender' was the best explanation of who I am. I'm now out to almost everyone I care about. I've had some setbacks already, online and offline - I've always loved dressing 'girly' and wearing makeup, etc. Now that I've started doing that more, I've had some looks, but nothing really bad except for that one online thing.

But now I'm here and I feel like a ton of weight's been lifted off my shoulders!
    I'm really interested in hearing stories from other transgender people. LGB people, cis cross-dressers, and other non-transgen people are also welcome to post, of course!

Xoxo, love (*hug*)

2. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Glad to hear a positive story. Welcome to EC. I have had some thoughts whether or not I was trans, but I've leaning toward Genderfluid. Usually, I identify as male on some days, but most Identify as female. Those days I really wish to transition so I can actually be a girl. I don't like being male all that much and it doesn't fit me, but I don't mind being male. I just wish I was physically a girl who prefers either to be gender instead of being a guy who prefers to be either gender.

Don't get too hung up on labels because you can be whatever you want to be.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Yes, I know :slight_smile: but for me, having been labelled 'male' my entire life, trigender is a liberating label that I wear with pride :slight_smile:
    And like you said, youcan be what you like! You can always be a girl when you want to! Like the elves in the Lord of the Rings say, the body is a container, not an identity. And btw, also just to be clear, when you say "trans", do you mean what's traditionally called "transsexual"? Nowadays a lot of people who are really the opposite gender than what they were assigned at birth, simply call themselves transgender, and often trans man or trans woman. I guess that's what you mean, since 'transgender' is a major umbrella term covering basically everyone who's not cis-gen?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Anyone else got stories to share? :slight_smile:

5. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I was going by an umbrella term I suppose. Yeah, it's liberating.

6. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i started feeling things when i was about 16 but never really accepted it until recently.
    I identify as Androgyne because i was born male but i have so much more female inside of me..
    At the moment i don't want to transition into a female but i keep the door open for myself.
    Right now i can not identify fully male/female, i have a strong feminine side but i'm not extremely disphoric about being male.
    On the other hand i have a very masculine body and it isn't really realistic to change this body into female( i'm fairly tall, big hands and feet and a very manly face)
    So for now i settled with my self to Androgyne.
    The last few weeks i started to express my feminine side a bit more and i feel great now.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

That's great, penta! Hope everytjing works out the best for you! (*hug*)