1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of year letters to teachers..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choirsmash, Apr 3, 2015.

1. choirsmash

So since I'm a senior, I figured I would write letters to the teachers who impacted me the most in the past 4 years. There are 3. The problem is, I don't even know where to begin (especially with one of them). One of them has literally been with me through every single thing and I've only known him for a year. I think his letter will probably be the longest, he's the first person I came out to and the only person I've ever totally trusted. The other two are also fantastic people who really came through for me during my time at school, especially last year. I'll probably end up crying a lot while writing these, I already started to cry just thinking of things to write. Anyway, has anyone here ever done this? Tips would be cool

2. Eponine

Just write absolutely anything. It doesn't need to make the most sense or have the best structure. These teachers have supported you and will be able to understand your exact intentions about what you want to say.

As a teacher myself, I just know that it is an absolute highlight of our careers to see that we've directly impacted someone's life. It's why we got into the job.

Say anything. Any letter will mean the world to them.

3. choirsmash

I'm literally crying as I write the one haha. I'm not even close to done and I'm crying..
    I haven't even gotten to how he changed my life or why I chose to come out to him first or how he's helped me through everything. This is much more emotional than I thought it would be

4. candyjiru

I agree with eponine~ As a teacher to students learning English, the letters I get are normally grammatically incorrect and rife with spelling mistakes, but they are so beautiful and I love getting them. At one school I worked at, I was bullied and cheated and hit and even had one kid attack me with a box cutter... rough times in a poor neighborhood... anyway, it was a really tough year and even though I tried to keep up a strong front, I know my students saw me struggle, and one girl wrote me a letter about how I was awesome and never to let anyone get me down... I cry just thinking about it and I've kept it in my wallet ever since I got it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about it being emotional, because it'll definitely be emotional for them, too ^.^ (They might even shed some tears over it when you're not around to see them ^.^)