1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurtful things your Friends might say?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adam Smith, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Adam Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all. Now I would wager that more than a couple of you are not out to all your Friends or/and that some of you are Friends with some people who are insensitive to your plights. Does anyone care to share somethings your Friends say and do that hurts.

I'll go first.

I have this friend named Nick.
    He is always good for a laugh or kick!
    Of all my Friends, he is a top pick!
    Yet there is something he does that makes me sick...

He uses the word "gay"

He uses it, because he thinks its Funny.
    He speaks it, because he thinks its a Joke.
    He uses it as an Insult,
    as a way to talk to Folk.

He does not know to whom he Speaks.
    He does not know that I am one such Freak.
    He does not know that this leaves me Sad and Meek
    and is unable to tell him this Week...

I don't Believe its his Malice.
    I can't Believe it his Strife.
    I think it is Disregard that is Callous,
    when He cuts me with that word, like Knife...

The poetry just hit me, its not very good but you don't have to reply in rhyme or limerick
    :lol:

2. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow that is great poetry, perhaps you could say you have a gay friend or find that term offensive. If we don't advocate for label usage then who will?

3. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Cool! just really cool. I like how they rhyme :slight_smile: I hope Nick will get his ass kick every time he insults you as freak!! :grin:

4. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my friends says that there are only two genders...when I came out to him as bigender he went around and asked everyone who would listen "How many genders are there?" And when they replied "Two" he smiled smugly and said "See?"

5. HugasaurusRex

My friends never say anything that I would take hurtfully. Though in the middle of a civilised conversation (not with friends) I have been called "gayboy" By someone who knew I was gay. Now it is not what they said that got to me. but rather the way it was delivered. I do not expect such trash talk in the middle of a civilised conversation with someone who should know better!

Rant (ish) over.

6. nicodiangelo

Out Status:
    A few people
    my friend refused to believe that gender was on a spectrum and when i tried to reason with her she just said no

7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have many "friends" who are homophobic or just very stereotypical about the LGBT community.

One, who says butch lesbians are trying too hard to look lesbian.
    Two, who bullied my new friend, who happens to be intersex and identifies as female.
    Three, calls gay people faggots even though they know I'm with a girl.
    Four, who said trans people were attention-seekers and were making too big a deal, and gender dysphoria doesn't exist.
    Five, who called this lesbian girl a "bipolar slut" because she was lesbian. She is very nice, neither bipolar, or a slut. In fact, she hasn't kissed anyone yet and has had one relationship, still ongoing for six months. That doesn't really qualify as society's definition for a "slut".
    Six, who said gay people were attention whores who only were "attracted" to the same sex because they wanted to be known.
    Seven, who called gay people stupid and confused. Treats people who aren't straight as dumb.

The homophobia at my school sickens me.
    Though, there are a few out people I know and am friends with. Not everyone is like that.

#7 loveislove01, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  8. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll just be honest bro you're being a fucking baby. No straight dude that i know uses the word gay in an offensive way. It's just something they grew up saying, in a non-sexual way, and have continued to say because it's funny. I have plenty of friends who do that, yet would still go out of their way to defend gays being mistreated. Nick is your friend so he obviously approves of your sexuality. Stop being hypersensitive, and realize that living an adult life is gonna include not being offended by petty shit like this.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

My friend (who's bi so you'd think she'd know better) likes to make jokes about how I "want to be a man", and she makes fun of the openly trans kids at school. I think she might actually accept me if I came out to her, but I wouldn't anyways because I don't trust her not to tell other people.

10. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My "friends" will always make fun of my laugh, and not in a joking way. And they'll always make fun of my personality and how I am. It's really hurtful and I've talked to them before, and they still do it.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like that poetry you wrote.

12. CyanChachki

Saying things like "Your fragile" or "Others have it worse than you.". It doesn't just hurt me, it makes me a bit mad because I would never say things like that to them, especially when I know that they're hurting and need someone to talk to.

13. Miko

Miko Guest

School sucks for sure, most of the problems you've got there are likely because the kids are too naive to know better and so they think anyone who is different must be 'broken'.

It gets better for sure though, especially once you're out of school. ^-^