1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How self absorbed are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterTinkles, Apr 4, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

In this world of "me, me, me", "gimme, gimme, gimme", "now, now, now", and "mine, mine, mine".......do you EVER think of anybody else first?

Do you shove your way through doorways as other people are going through, or do you wait your turn?

Do you shove yourself into an elevator as the people inside are trying to get out, or do you wait your turn?

Do you walk in front of people and cut them off, so YOU will be ahead of them or first?

Do you speed through red lights and stop signs because YOU think you are more important than everybody else?

Do you try to run people down, because you cannot wait 5 lousy seconds for them to get out of the way?

Do you interrupt someone else speaking, because you think what YOU have to say is SO much more important?

Do you snatch the last item off the shelf as someone else was already reaching for it?

Do you ignore the cashier/wait person/garbage man/cleaning lady or treat them like dirt, because you think they are "beneath" you?

Do you fly off the handle when someone speaks about something you think is "un-pc"?

In this world of self-important people, nobody has time for anyone else. Yes, even me. I grew up in a different world where you opened doors for ladies, you asked to help senior citizens with their bags, you waited you turn...where ever it may be, a red light/stop sign means you actually stop, you always stop and wait for pedestrians to get completely OFF the street, and you spoke your mind only when asked.

But nowadays, I find myself falling into this self-glorified attitude driven society, and I don't like it.

I cut off a little old lady in the market today, and I feel like shit about it. I was in a "hurry", and for what reason? I had nothing else to do all day, so what was my freeking rush? I've lost myself again.

WHY are you so self important? Is it REALLY going to get you there faster if you speed through a red light or hit a pedestrian to get them out of the way? Is it the pedestrians fault you couldn't leave the house when you were supposed too? Is is so hard for you to take that last item off the shelf and hand it to the other person and go to another store to get one? Is the world going to end if you don't get it? Is it SO damned important you interrupt someones conversation to put your "two cents" worth in? Don't you think you make yourself look like an idiot for doing that?

I am not asking for commentaries, I am not asking for posts on what you think. This is NOT a debate thread.

All I am asking is, that next time you go outside your front door, out into the world.....you think of someone else FIRST. I don't care if it's holding a door open for someone, helping an old person across the street, or waiting 5 seconds for a pedestrian to get off the street, or even just saying "HI" to a homeless person or someone who looks sad. Just THINK about someone else other than yourself when you are out in the big bad world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 MisterTinkles, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015