1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standar family "gatho"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Abdadhie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

Ah, another family gathering. More being asked if I have a girlfriend yet ect ect ect

Am I the only one with this issue? :bang::bang:

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My family, except my mom, ask me the same thing all the time...I'm almost 21, I've never had a girlfriend, and they still haven't figured out that I'm Gay...

3. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

Oh yeah, I've definitely been asked why I haven't dated anyone/if I had a boyfriend. It sucks because there's nothing I want more than a relationship with someone and having to be reminded of what I don't have.

I realize that's not what you meant with this post, but yeah.

4. RainDreamer

I am glad that my immediate family (brother and mom) doesn't care about such thing, while I rarely have to meet with more distant family member who sometimes ask such things.

5. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family is more worried about my mood swings ._.

6. Lyana

Hang in there guys, you're definitely not alone. I get this all the time from my mom. I finally came out to her, mostly so she would stop asking.

7. Thingymajing

I was at my cousin's wedding last week (not really a cousin, her mum and my mum are like sisters so she's really just honorary family), and my mother (who knows I'm bi/pan) kept making mention of all the patriotic army men (friends of the groom) who were present, and how I should go for one of them. I've just gotten out of a 4 year relationship with a man I was engaged to, and aside from it being too soon, I'm leaning more towards women these days anyway.

When my mum said there were nice men there, I added "...I'm probably more interested in the women", and she started on like "If that's what you're into, you know I support you, whatever you want, blah blah..." like shut up I can tell you're awkward about it and it only makes it more awkward for me when you rant on like that... :dry:

Later on in the night, the bride's mother said it was my turn to get married soon. Like, I WAS ENGAGED UNTIL NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS AGO :bang:

Eheh... I know that's not 100% the same thing but it was annoying haha. I hate the expectation that I will get a BOYFRIEND, meet MEN, etc, but there's never mention of the "...or women" part, or even just "partner", or "person"....