1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracts against LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderlane, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you know Jack Chick, a fundamentalist christian who writes insane comicbooks preaching christian moral? Here's some of the funniest

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0273/0273_01.asp : Gays threatens to infect blood's supply with aids.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1039/1039_01.asp

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5003/5003_01.asp : you immediatly stop being gay if you convert.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1070/1070_01.asp : being raped makes you gay

Birds and the Bees

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

"God isn't playing games!", "You hater!", and "You devil! Nobody stops my parade!" have to be my favorite lines. Also, I had no idea Sodom was into leather straps and triangular ear-rings.

3. candyjiru

*sigh* not all Christians are like this, I swear... unfortunately the normal ones are usually the quiet ones, whilst the radicals will shoot their mouth off as loudly and often as possible... smdh

4. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Tonight we party!"

I never before knew that the KJV refers to men abandoning "the natural use of the woman". Lovely turn of phrase. I don't know if I should be more appalled at someone having any uses at all, or by the fact that women apparently have only one. Kant would be unimpressed.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have at least 6 copies of uninvited that I have been given...

6. Masnar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't really trust anything from the Bible because it has been interpreted from language into another so many times. Revisions were always used as political statements much like everything else in human endeavors.

I think the biggest single condemnation of all Christians who are homophobic is that Jesus never mentioned homosexuality.

The way I see it, even though I am an atheist/agnostic on any given day is:

The Old Testament tells of the origin of the world and the history of the Jewish people until Christ's birth. It was full of laws that God's People needed to survive. The New Testament tell Jesus's birth life and death and the apostle's letter to other churches.

God sent Jesus to die and absolve us of our sins, instead of Him ending humanity again. And in this way the New Testament supplants the Old.

There's no published tracts of Jesus admonishing homosexuals, but there are plenty of tracts of Jesus admonishing what amounted to the rich, conservative, powerful and hypocritical Jews of that time.

The only time homosexuality is mentioned are in the letters of the Apostles to churches far away written at least 30 years after Christ's death.

So, there's a dilemma; gayness is mentioned (amongst other sins) to other churches after Jesus's death. But it is not mentioned by Jesus directly or indirectly. So, either it was assumed that he was against it because previous biblical interpretation, or he needn't thought it was an issue at all.

Now, one thing Jesus was, was a guy who called out what he saw as wrong; coming to defense of the destitute and prostitutes. Personally I think that if it was some he, the sonf of God was against he would have mentioned it himself.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack Chick is very anti-Catholic. I didn't like him even when I was anti-gay back in my loathing days. Our Christian bookstore refused to carry those tracts.

8. CyclingFan

Chick tracts are pure, uncut, unadulterated lunacy.