1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Are You Closest To?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Simple question, with perhaps a not so simple answer.

Who are you closest to? Is it a friend, a relative, a mentor?

How easily do you become close to people? In general.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be very close to my best friend, but it seems the two of us have grown apart. Now I don't really feel very close to anyone.

I don't easily become close to people because I'm distant and not very good at making friends. Most of my friends are only friends with me because they were introduced to me by someone else, and I don't talk to them very much. I've been trying to open up a little more recently, but I guess I still don't feel very close to anyone.

3. Lyana

A friend, definitely a friend. Now the question is, which one? I'd have a harder time answering that. One of my oldest friends, possibly, even though we hardly ever get the chance to speak.

I'm close to very few people in general. I'd say there are four people I'm "close" to, three of them being friends, one being my mother (but it's a different sort of closeness). I did get close to them pretty easily, though.

It has nothing to do with me being "easy" to get close to, in my case, but just, when I click with someone in the right way... it is easy. But there are people I could be friends with for years and still not call us "close."

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good question. When I was a kid, I was very close to my mother.. I absolutely adored her, and always wanted to be with her.

I'm obviously less attached now, and find myself itching to get away from her a lot of the time, but we still have a close relationship, and I know I can always go to her with any problems - she's really my first port of call. There's still a lot about this game called life that I don't know.

Barring that, I have one friend that I've known for the past 15 years or so. I think it's amazing that we have known each other for so long and have such a close friendship to this very day. I've had other friends that have come and gone, but this one person has always been there.

I find it easy to get close to people, but there are only a few people I trust enough to share very personal problem with.

#4 imnotreallysure, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very close to both of my parents and always have been. But for friends, I've moved a lot, so I haven't been able to get too close to some people. But I am very close to my two best friends (guy and a girl). The three of us do everything together and I feel like I could share anything with them. I tend to be pretty clingy, so I get close quickly.

6. Arachne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's hard for me to form close relationships. Even when I think I'm letting people in, I'm usually holding them at arm's length. As I've got older, it's become slightly easier but not a lot...

Which probably explains why I've always been closest to my brother, my mum and (to a lesser extent) my dad. The only other person I've truly allowed into my weirdo-verse is my fiance :slight_smile:. And on occasion he actually does know me better than I know myself, as cliche as that sounds!

7. nohalos

Right now, I'm closest to my friend, who happens to be a bisexual. I can tell her so much about me, without me holding back anything.

It doesn't take long if I can feel a person's trustworthiness right away, but usually, I find it hard to open up to people. It's just that it's been so hard to open up, because people in my country aren't exactly accepting. (And they easily judge others too. They call it "being a community".)

8. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I think I'm closest to people that earned my loyalty.

Getting there is a hard long way and takes time (i think I've mentioned this somewhere before:the person that's something like an older sister to me and i used to hate each other for a really long time before our relationship grew into acceptance then friendship and over time this)

I'm still standing with my elder brother even though we may as well be strangers with how often we talk.Still if he has a problem emotionally or otherwise I'll do my goddamn best.

I'm not really someone that talks about emotions but I'm having their backs and i usually don't care about authority or consequences when it comes to defending someone I'm close to

I consider this one of my best qualities

9. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

I use to be pretty close to my best friend, Nathan, but I feel as if we have grown apart by lack of contact. School and family problems have impeded us from hanging out as much as we use to.

As of right now, I don't think I'm "close" to anyone. I have friends, but I don't feel "close" to them as much as I'd like to.

I don't usually become close to people usually. Probably because of my past. People who are loyal and open-minded are usually the people I get attached to.

10. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

I'm closest to my twin brother. :icon_bigg We share everything with each other and sometimes it feels like we can read each others thoughts. We have the same interests as well, so it's really fun to have someone to be with at all times. :lol:

11. Yosia

I'm very close with my best friend and am quite close with a few other friends. But other than that there is not too many people i am close too. >.<

12. RainbowVomiter

My cats!!

People should not get close to me.:evil:

13. MrSkittles

I am very close to my mother. Me and my dad use to be close but ever since i came out we havent been close as me and my mother. I am also closest to my best friend. I wish me and one of my other other friend(ex-best friend) were close.

14. C P

C P

As of now, myself.

It's like as soon as I get close to someone, a bit of info about myself(that isn't yet known to them) drives me away from them, if they haven't already driven themselves away.

15. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A friend.

Even if I can feel a sentiment of friendship toward someone, I usually don't get close to them. Not that I don't want to, it's just that I can't. It's as if we weren't living in the same world and that an invisible wall stood between people and me. Even my own family, when I think about moving to Asia, I can't even imagine myself missing them.

In the end, most people I know could die tomorrow that I wouldn't bat an eye.

I used to be close with a classmate from HighSchool, we spent our three years in the same class and in the same group. We were together from 1st period to the last, even during lunch break and I sometimes came over to his house etc... (Except during holidays, we didn't talk during holidays, dunno why)
    When we entered college we weren't in the same class anymore etc... I fell in depression, so I wouldn't even try to meet or text him anymore... Thus we grew apart... And I miss him to be honest.
    I might have fallen for him at one point but I don't think it really lasted that long.

#15 Aeolia, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  16. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really close to anyone. I avoid sharing personal information. Idk I just feel like what I share to people is what they can use against me.

17. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My best friend, who I've been with since I was 4. Other than her and maybe two other friends, I'm not really close with anyone.

18. itsmary

I'm very close to my mother. And that's all.

I never get too close. It scares me. I have been really close to friends in the past, they hurt me really bad and now, everyone say that I'm cold and introvert. I enjoy people (sometimes) but I'm too scared to "come out" in that way. I don't remember what it feels like to be yourself between friends.

Sad story.

19. lukeluvznicki13

I don't even know...

20. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother and my cousin tie.