1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian trans-friendly places?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Apr 7, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm planning my next vacation, and I always wanted to go there. Are there any places for us, transgender girls, to have fun without a care in the world?

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ...do you mean like a bar?

Canada's a pretty open place (if you stick to the big cities at least). I mean, I guess Church St. in Toronto or I've heard good things about Montreal?

Where are you going in Canada? What kind of 'fun' are you looking to have? @.@

3. MojoDojo

Um, don't go to the little towns? Most big centers are ok, although I'm not certain I'd recommend Edmonton. It's very hit-or-miss here on LGBTQ+ people.

The mountains are beautiful, though. Since it's a huge tourist center, I assume it'd be fairly trans-friendly, although I don't have direct experience with that.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are probably the most LGBT-friendly cities in Canada. Montreal has a tremendous Gay Village but not all LGBT activity is confined to that location. Quebec City and Ottawa are pretty welcoming cities too, but on a smaller scale.

There are tons of online information for LGBT-friendly hotels, bars, restaurants and shops for each of these cities.

Happy trails!

5. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much anywhere but Alberta. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Manitoban

As said here the bigger cities Like: Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are probably going to be pretty good.

But in general the country as a whole is fairly good. The Prairie provinces would probably be the worst off but again cities like Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary would be better in this region than rural areas. But even here I don't think you would ever be in physical danger. And even comments would probably be rare.

I can't really speak for the North as I haven't been there before.

Hope you enjoy your self here regardless where you go. And hopefully you'll come back again. This country is huge and diverse you can't see it in just one trip.

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2015 at 01:24 PM ----------

In fairness Alberta has come a very far way very quickly. In a place like Calgary I couldn't imagine there being much trouble. Their premier voted in favour of gay marriage when he was in Parliament for example.

But it's the most conservative province yes.

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2015 at 01:24 PM ----------

In fairness Alberta has come a very far way very quickly. In a place like Calgary I couldn't imagine there being much trouble. Their premier voted in favour of gay marriage when he was in Parliament for example.

But it's the most conservative province yes.

7. MojoDojo

Especially Grande Prairie. Steer clear!!

..... not that you'd want to visit there. It's a hole. I should know, I'm from there!

8. AceCase

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah steer clear of GP, nothing to do and it's VERY LGBT+ phobic. **Is also from GP**