1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roses are sweet and smell so nice... why dose'nt ours??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Apr 8, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ladies, gents, and cat people. So I have a story for you today.
    My family has a babysitter who goes to church with us and I get,along really well with her. She is Christian and I'm not, I believe in God for sure. Always he's my rock. However today she was talking about a project she had to do on kid shows and how they affect children. The first television show she named was Bob the builder ( haven't seen that one in forever. Apapparently they made a new one ) she told me whenever he has a problem he'll go to the mirror and see a girl who always fixes his problems. She told me that the girl in the mirror must be a representation of himself/ what he sees on the inside. She told me that it wasn't OK because it was teaching boys that it's OK to think of yourself as or your inner self as a woman and that all gay men see their selves as woman.Main theme here: homosexuality is wrong. I'm respectful of all religions and I have been dragged to church enough times to realize christianity is not OK with it, it's a sin. I don't care about that at all because no one chooses to be ridiculed or stoned or for their love to be called an abomination. So I told her that I have some family members who are gay and they don't wish to be a woman or be perceived as one ( although there is nothing wrong with that) however I chose my words,carefully and didn't disclose any of my family members names and I didn't tell,her I was,gay either.
    A: none of her business
    B: she'd,probably quit if she knew.
    C: my mom and step father would be treated weirdly when they go back to church
    D: I'm not ashamed of my sexuality however, sometimes, by just being affiliated with someone can cause you to have a bad Rep.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    "She told me that the girl in the mirror must be a representation of himself/ what he sees on the inside."
    Its not. A female can be a dream symbol or subconsious symbol for intuition and emotions.
    Remember we are talking symbols here.

Concerning gay people, a) there is nothing wrong with being gay. Gay people have always been around in all cultures. It should e about two people in love, no matter if they are gay or not.
    b) there is no fixed rule how people see themselves. Everyone has a mix of traits. There are effeminate gay people and many who are not. How they identify is another matter. You might look up the genderbread person.

hugs

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mind you, it's not "Christianity" that is not OK with it, it's "certain/the majority of Christian denominations". While I am atheist myself (and supportive of LGBT rights obviously), I do think people should get the terminology right. =) So perhaps the Christian denomination you were in wasn't accepting of homosexuality, but there are branches that are.. =)

Besides that, I agree with what jay777 has said. (*hug*)

4. tscott

I'm an Episcopalian, and, by and large, we are at the forefront of advocating for gay rights...just don't use the wrong fork at a dinner party...LOL. :icon_wink

5. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just now responding back lol. Thank you guys for the replies, but I feel as though you think i meant to put all Christians in one box... this is from my experience and I know not all Christians are like this. Have a wonderful evening