1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexplainable, or just unexplained...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Choucho, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Choucho

I've always had a sort of fascination for things that no one has an explanation to. I don't know why, I think it's probably just part of human nature. Anyway, I was reading a "list of unusual deaths" on Wikipedia, because someone posted it in another topic, and I came across something that genuinely disturbed me (warning to those who are about to read, it's kind of graphic);

1959: In the Dyatlov Pass incident, Nine ski hikers in the Ural Mountains abandoned their camp in the middle of the night in apparent terror, some clad only in their underwear despite sub-zero weather. Six of the hikers died of hypothermia and three by unexplained fatal injuries. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, one victim had a fatal skull fracture, two had major chest fractures (comparable in force to a car accident), and one was missing her tongue. The victims' clothing also contained high levels of radiation. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths, barring entry to the area for years thereafter.

Is there anything unexplained you've ever heard of that just made you go "Whoa..."

2. White Sundog

"a compelling unknown force"...probably a nuclear test. Wiseguys...

I can't think of any unknown thing that makes me go "whoa" at the moment.

3. Mickey

Yeah. My friend Jimmy was murdered 4 years ago. He was gay. He got stabbed to death
    in his own bed. I'd really like to know what happened and who did this.