1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Closet Aggravation (Rant)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 00Shockwave00, Apr 9, 2015.

1. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is so completely annoying to be talking to a friend or family member and they say something hurtful withour knowing it..... Except sometimes it feels like they do know it. As if they know I'm not straight and instead of questioning me about it they are trying to upset me to the point of admitting it. Does the grandmother that I live with really think being gay is a curable mental disease?!?!?!?!? Why must people be this way???? ......sorry needed a place to rant- B.:eusa_doh::tears::eusa_naug

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww, take care. (*hug*) Those people are either uneducated about it or deliberately hurtful. You know better than them. (*hug*)

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That totally sucks :/ Families tend to be the worst at that. My family are the same, and sometimes I can help but wonder if they know I'm not straight and are trying to warn me not to come out or something :/

The chances are, like Quem said, they are either uneducated on the subject or being intentionally cruel.
    Both of which are an easy fix.
    If they are uneducated on the topic, they can learn.
    If they are deliberately being cruel, there's nothing they can do to stop you from living your life.

Hope things get better soon *hugs* (*hug*)

4. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (*hug*)Thanks to you both.:slight_smile:

5. C P

C P

Really sorry to hear things are going that shitty for you.

I'm going through a similar situation(family constantly making homophobic remarks) but they are deliberately doing so because they are frickin' asshats.

It pretty much is hell being stuck living with them until I can make a bit more to be able to move out on my own(which I'm really aiming for by the end of this year, if I'm lucky). As much as it hurts and is tough to say, the sooner I get away from these pos, the better.

I, too, hope that you are also able get away from your hell.

6. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This happens to me at work...My co-workers talk shit about Gay men, and I feel like strangling them...

7. candyjiru

I totally feel you... some of my family members are the same way and I'm not out to them because u know they would totally reject me... "gay people have some kind of mental disease and need psychological help," "gay rights arent the same as civil rights," and general ewwws when gay couples are shown in the Media... of course, these are the same people that were against my interracial marriage so... I kinda know I'm dealing with bigots... have you tried saying things like, "some of my close friends are gay, so I'd rather you didn't say that kind of thing around me," or something to that effect? Then at least they'll know your feelings on the matter without it being directly about you. In any case, keep strong and good luck! *hugs*

8. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, and that I haves y'all's support.

9. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom is one of those Fox News watching types who think it's a choice and she always talks about how "the gays" are "shoving their agenda down our throats," to the point where she genuinely gets upset if a TV show she likes has gay characters.

I don't deal with it because I can't. I think she'd have a heart attack if I told her. But...she's still my mom and I love her.

10. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My grandmother gets disgusted at TV shows with gays too, but I think one of the stupid most ignorant things I've heard was when a friend of mine said not jokingly that she wouldn't let her kids watch Sponge Bob because "it teaches gay tolerance":eusa_naug:bang:

11. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG how terrible, it teaches kids to be nice to other types of people! It's weird because with some people, it's not just that they disagree with gay rights, they think they have some right not to even acknowledge we exist.

And usually they say stuff like, " What am I supposed to tell my kids?" As if it's offensive that two people love each other and kids can't handle that information.

12. Jellal

lol i once had an ecology teacher who refused to show spongebob to his kids because "the characters were too mean to each other"