1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with closeted extended family members who have not come out to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerTransEnby, Apr 12, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Soooo, there is this cousin of my cousin(not directly blood related to me and is 20) that I am sure is either gay or bi just by the way he looks and carries himself. The gaydar goes off all the time around him. He is attractive, but I am not trying to hit on him as I have a bf. But I really wish he would just come out as it would be cool to talk to someone else who is a queer male other than my uncle. I do not see him terribly often, but he is on my cousin's other side of the family. So, I will see him at funerals, weddings, and graduations etc. How do you drop hints that you know about them without seeming aggressive? If you have been around them, how is it not awkward being around them in fear of slipping up?

2. Psaurus918

Re: How do you deal with closeted extended family members who have not come out to yo

One of my cousins has 2 gay cousins (brothers actually) and we see them at any family get together that side of the family has and I wonder if they think what you're mentioning about me lol. They are both out and openly gay and I'm not out at all. I've actually thought about messaging the younger brother on Facebook and telling him and seeing if he'd want to go out sometime (as friends) so I'd have another gay friend but were completely opposite and have nothing in common.