1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curious

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trikuriboh, Nov 18, 2008.

1. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have a friend who says he's bi-curious and well he said that he hasn't been with a girl and well would want to be with a guy. So I thought well that makes him gay, but is it just being bicurious if he wants to be with a guy and well hasn't done it yet or would it be gay curious or what is it? And well I was also wondering if anyone knows someone like this and well what do they say?

2. starfish

I wouldn't be in a hurry to put a label on him. Let him do that him self when he is ready.

It may be that he really is straight but just curious, bisexual, or gay. At this point he is just curious and is figuring out who he is. Don't push him in any direction just support him as he figures it out.

What you said could be used to describe me. I've never been with a girl or a guy. At first I wanted to be with a girl but was curious as to what it would be like to be with a guy. Then as I became more comfortable with the idea of being with a guy I wanted to try that first. Then as I became more comfortable with that I start thinking I wanted to be in a relationship with a guy, but ultimately wanted a girl because it would be normal. Then one night about a month ago I woke up in a cold sweat. I realized that I always wanted a relationship with a guy and that I just kept telling myself I wanted a girl because it was normal. Over the past few weeks I have realized I trained myself to want a girl. When a good looking girl would walk by I would have to consciously look at her, and and have to force my self to make a comment about how hot she is. While at the same time I would have to force my self not to drool all over that hot guy I just saw go running by. I did all this to make everything appear normal to myself and everyone else.

Keep in mind I went through all this because people were pressuring me to be straight. I kept saying everyone says it is wrong and, all those bastards in High School that teased me about being gay I just can't allow them to be right. If I had not be pressured I would have been where I am now 10 years ago. While in college I tried numerous times to start a relationship with girls but it just felt wrong every time I tried. While at the same time there were several guys that I really liked that I would not dare approach. So by the end of college I had never been in a relationship or even had sex all because a group of people were trying to force me into their mold.

So even if you think your friend is gay don't pressure him to be gay. Just allow him to be himself and it will all work out in the end. For every bi-curious guy that turns out to be gay there is one that is straight and one that is bi.