1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your career

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gandee, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Just talked with my mum yesterday about how you would never know what you would enjoy doing. What do you do? What do you want to do? Just a odd curiosity of mine.

2. Yosia

I want to be a teacher! I want to be able to teach children not only about academics, but about life. ^.^

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to be an actress! Getting paid to talk! There is no better job for someone who speaks as much as I do :slight_smile:

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know exactly. I could see being a teacher, probably of history, that's my main subject. But I also really like anything to do with government and politics, so I could see going into a government job. :slight_smile:

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Yosia, i want to be a teacher! I'm in university, and if all goes well, I'll be teaching sciences and biology in 2 years :slight_smile:

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a social worker, but hoping to expand on that to become a lecturer in Social Work, Social Policy and Sociology. I've just started my PhD to hopefully get that career expansion nailed, so if all goes well it should be something I get to do in future. :slight_smile:

Woop for being a research nerd. :sunglasses:

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know anymore. Part of me wants to go to study the visual arts, like theatre and film production and another wants to study theology and other world religions. Part of me would love to go get a degree in history and anthropology, while another wouldn't mind forensic science or law and psychology.

I'm not sure I'll ever really have it figured out. Early last year it was theatre and film production since I had worked out a skeleton for a musical and towards the summer it was law and psychology so I could help benefit the trans community. Still got no idea what I want to do now, but I don't have plans on going to college unless what I want to do can't be self-taught.

8. MojoDojo

Previously I was quality assurance in food production, but am now taking courses to become a power engineer. As of April I will be a certified 4th class engineer!

I never thought I'd be good at or like it, but I'm finding it to be absolutely awesome. It's fun playing with boilers and stuff.

9. Rainbows~Exist

I really want to become a programmer or designer at Google or Microsoft. I also wouldn't mind working as a games dev either :slight_smile:

10. Jellal

I really want to be a published author ... I'd like people reading my fantasy stories. If not that, then chances are I'd have to go into journalism ... or do both, you know, just to make ends meet.

11. Im Hazel

I want to be a teacher, too! There is a huge lack of science teachers in my area, so muahahaha... Also, there are some really good ICT apprenticeships in my area, so I guess I could do that if I fail my A-Levels...

12. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to get my masters in Education, I currently teach at high school and love being a teacher! The students keep me on my toes and I can't see myself doing anything else.

Ultimately, I want to be a singer. I get stage fright so I don't sing in front of people. I will recording my first song soon :slight_smile:

13. itsmary

I want to be an archaeologist :slight_smile: Starting university in September, yep!!! ^^

14. Foz

Foz Guest

Woot! Join the club! Teaching is my backup - Once I finish my masters I'm going to do my teacher qualification for history or politics, after that I'm going to stand for election in 2020. I would love to eventually be the home or defence secretary. But as an MP (or MSP) you have to fight for your job every 5 years so teaching would be my backup if I lost my seat :slight_smile:

The cool thing is the election is the day before my birthday, so I could wake up on my birthday and be elected to parliament!

15. africanFlower

the plan was for me to go into research pharmacy but here i am half way through my medical degree. but i still want to go into research or oncology or palliative care. starting to doubt research though 'cause i am against animal testing so i might just stick with oncology/palliative care

16. ApexxShadow

I really want to become a musician, audio producer, or an audio engineer. Music really interests me/I love it.

17. LaEsmeralda

I want to work with preserving natural beauty spots in some way. I like art too, so my dream job would be an environmental sculptor :slight_smile: But I would totally be a litter picker too. A lot of people really look down on menial jobs like that but it makes a difference to the environment, which is far more valuable and useful than a lot of jobs out there IMO.

18. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This! I applaud you for this! Please pursue this!

Before college, I wanted to become an Ecologist. I wanted to work in the Amazon or in Palawan or any place with mangroves since I am very much in love with mangroves. I want to study them and the creatures it houses. But since I didnt pass a prestigious school for Biology, I ended up studying multimedia arts.

Now that I am in Multimedia Arts, I now wanted to be a Game Designer. Game designing isnt new to me, I have designed 2 board games in my high school years. Im now pursuing this career. I had taken up Game Developing subjects and 3D animation. Hopefully in the future, I will see in Entertainment and Media forum and Technology, Gaming, Soft-& Hardware forum members talking about how great my game is :slight_smile: That would be heaven.

19. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Engineering. Maybe something with biology? (unsure right now)

20. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm studying Law at the moment but I really have no idea what to do next.