1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transphobia in the gay community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Apr 13, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this thread has been discussed over and over again and I don't want to create a controversy. But something really disturbed me the other day. There was this guy, and he has a transgendered friend. He's gay. And he is not very discrete about his friend's past. He talks about her genitalia, about what her old name used to be, and what not

There was an old LGBT show in Mexico where you could send emails to the hosts (one of them was a trans girl) and, once again, you could tell how much hatred the Transgender community experiences

And don't let me start talking about the lesbian "activist" Sheila Jeffreys, a psychopath who believes that transexuality corrupts women

2. Ashleigh16

I know! It's awful. I never realized how bad it was until I realized how much it surprised me that my friend told me he had a crush on a guy that was trans. It shocked me and that's when I realized I needed to get over some things. Those things shouldn't surprise me

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    If you can understand spanish, please google Bogue-Guau to see how awful some people are towards transgendered people

4. Ashleigh16

I don't but I do know to some degree. Just be encouraged by my friend

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not that surprising, considering LGBT is not that cohesive of a group to begin with. It's like clumping "people of color" together as one.

6. candyjiru

It makes me sad to see any kind of bigotry, but the LGBT community tends to be pretty against its own kind a lot, so it's not a surprise to me, either... I've heard gay people not liking lesbians, lesbians not liking bi people, and so on and so forth... I wish everyone could accept everyone else and live happily *hears kumbaya playing in the background suddenly* XD;;;;;

7. photoguy93

THISSSSS.

It's like when people assume that because I'm gay and ____ is gay, we will be best of friends.

Umm, no. That's like saying someone from the jungle will get along with an Eskimo because they both breathe air.

I am not a part of the gay community, so maybe I don't see this specifically. I hate that we have to be so disresoectful and rude to anyone.