1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transman, Aydian Dowling, and the Men's Health Magazine Ultumite Guy Search

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Outlier, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Outlier

He is KILLING IT in the polls! (!) This is so exciting. A trans guy could be on the cover of a mainstream magazine. :wow: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: Go vote!!!! Let's make this happen!!!!

Men

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2015 at 01:57 PM ----------

BTW, you can vote once a day!

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted for him not because he's a trans guy, but because he's actually my favorite by far of all the ones I bothered to look at. Just wow! :eek: Too bad he has a wife. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Hiems

I hope he gets to be on the cover because he will bring more visibility to the trans community. That would be awesome :grin:

4. Gen

Gen

Holy sh*t. I voted for him last night and he was down by 2,000. I expected it to pick up on social media, but 10,000 overnight?

Additionally, I have no shame in saying that I definitely voted for him because he is transgender. It would be a wonderful day when we live in a world where representation for minorities is not significant simply because they are minorities, but we don't. We live in a world where representation of certain groups in the media is essentially nonexistent. So, I have no shame in encouraging the acknowledgement of people who I know will combat that reality.

5. Outlier

Yes, he's super gorgeous... but he's also such an amazing person. He definitely deserves this win. :slight_smile:

Sooooooo freaking awesome!!!!!

I know! When I checked this morning I literally did the whole arms shooting up in the air "whooohooo". I was so excited.

And well said, I totally agree.