1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkestknight, Nov 19, 2008.

1. darkestknight

I hated those people who are against homosexuality just because they can't reproduce. And they treated women as 'children factory'. WTH is all that? I thought sexuality is just a preference? :roflmao:

No wonder too much men are fighting over women and they got into serious crap.

Agh, pardon me, it's one of my rants. :sleep:

2. White Sundog

I think the "But they can't have kids with their partners!" thing is mostly just an excuse to rationalize why they're squeamish about it. There do seem to be some hardcore Protestants who believe that they should be reproducing as much as possible, but I think they're the exception. Most people are just grossed out by homosexuality and they want to justify it somehow, by saying that it upsets the order of nature. In many cases, though, people may be grossed out by it, and it's a mixture of being taught by others that it's disgusting, and that it simply doesn't light their fires.

3. Like my philosophy book said, the prejudices most have against homosexuality seem to be more emotional than rational. They base the fact that it's "gross/abnormal/unnatural" etc. on how they feel rather than from a logical standpoint.