1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any French speakers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theMaverick, Apr 15, 2015.

1. theMaverick

Bonjour!

So...I'm a first time French student this semester, and I have a fascination for all things French. In fact, it's my goal to live in France someday. What I'm hoping for is to find someone who is ideally a native speaker, but if not native, someone who is fluent in French. I'm wanting to have someone to have conversations with, with the goal of improving my French. Is anyone up to the task?

2. Aquilo

3. Lyana

Hiya theMaverick,
    I'd be up for it. I'm French, currently living and studying in France. Let's see, what else can I say... I love reading, writing, and travelling. My goal is to live outside of France, actually -- not that I dislike my country, I just want to see so much more. I like learning languages and want to be multilingual/a polyglot.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Isn't French some sort of slang for swearing? If so, yes, I speak A LOT of French...

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are definitely some here - from France, from Canada, from the U.S., and from other places, either because that's what they speak in those places or they had the opportunity to learn it.

I have studied it. I like it a lot. I'm not the person to ask, since mine could use some polishing. Any conversing would have to take place off the forum and not even on the wall but I sometimes see that people will post either short blurbs in foreign languages, and which are commonly used words or phrases, or they will translate what they are saying.

Bon chance! And have fun.

6. Manitoban

If you ever come to Canada companies will love you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

French is still considered a world language. Good choice!

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone!

Just a quick reminder of that EC has a monolingual policy, saying that all threads, posts, wall messages, and PMs must be in English. Here's where you can find out more information about our policy.

I don't want to spoil the party, but unfortunately you probably won't be able to practice your skills on the forum itself! :slight_smile:

I was hopeless at French in school. Our French teacher actually cried over how bad our class was. True story.

8. theMaverick

Thanks for letting us know.

9. Manitoban

Uh oh, never register as a charity up here then somebody might get angry about no french service :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.