1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Apr 15, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys :slight_smile:

In your opinion,

what does girlfriend/boyfriend mean to you and how does she/he mean to your life?

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Uuuuuh, like having a best friend whom you also fuck I guess?

3. Yosia

Even more than a best friend. They should be a huge part of your life :3

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

That sounds cute on paper, but in reality we would have to be conjoined twins for us to be closer than I currently am with my best friends. Really the only barrier we haven't crossed is the physical one, because yuck.

5. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Having a girlfriend/boyfriend would make me feel accepted and wanted. I wouldn't feel worthless anymore. It's like having a partner in crime who will always defend you and protect you. A mutually beneficial and supportive relationship where feelings and understanding is reciprocated.

6. Lyana

Am I hopeless unromantic if I say I disagree? Having someone who's more than my best friends would be... like... where do I fit you in my life? I'm very independent and need my alone time. The two boyfriends I've had, I felt like they were so clingy and needy. I also don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to feel good about myself, and I wouldn't want them to need me that way.

Yet I love the girl I'm seeing at the moment. There's never a moment when I don't want to see her. She makes me laugh. She's one of my closest friends on campus. I think she's brilliant. I'm super attracted to her. Talking to her is awesome; kissing is beyond awesome. I've shared things with her I never showed anyone before. She's one of the best things that happened to me this year. So yeah... That's what she means to me.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This goes for any relationship:

Watch my back, I'll watch yours.
    Make your money, I'll make mine.
    Get your tan/lift on, I'll get my whatever on.

When it becomes an intimate relationship, you get the additional:

We can meet back, over dinner discussing how fuckin' awesome we are, and conclude with cuddles.

And that would be absolutely wonderful.
    There is an inspiring comfort, when somebody wants you -- and actually of their own free will. Not out of obligation, but because they desire your company.

Sure, you can individually divine 'value'. You can do things in isolation, great things even, but it's still nice to know, there's two people who realize what you're worth. Call that egotistical, but everybody should appreciate what makes them lovely, and others. We're so quick to cut down and insult, instead of be--

I'm rambling.

Perhaps it's the romantic in me, but I like to think, if being pined for insight or capability leaves me feeling glorious, then being pined for, because I'm part of somebody's intimate happiness, must be godliness.

To sum it up, a girl/boyfriend super special person would be:

Somebody who makes me feel like, I can be better than best. I'd be doing that for them.

I know, that's really corny, but... you roll with me, we're going places. Life already makes me take enough pit stops, I don't need anymore, LOL.

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend is the person I'll spend the rest of my life with. =) He's the love of my life. That says enough I think. =)

9. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who I will spend the rest of my life with. If I dated someone, my goal is to marry/spend the rest of my life with him/her.

10. Gandee

Gandee Guest

This plus children! :icon_bigg

11. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Someone who makes me feel special and cared for and finds me perfect with my flaws
    Shares special moments
    Puts effort
    Accepts our differences
    Takes down boundaries
    Puts me an ease
    Appreciates me
    And of course shares my love for food, silliness and movies
    Where are you?!

12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
  13. White Knight

Boyfriend means someone I can share life.

I think biggest difference between a friend and boyfriend for me... other than very obivious sex... You should organize your life according to his wishes/wants as much as yours. You should decide many things together, you should talk about big-major decisions with him. Being partners should feel like being each other shadow. More intimate than being friends.

14. Justinian20

For me a Boyfriend is someone that I can share everything with. More than a friend, a whole lot more, someone who cares about me and someone I can spend the rest of my life with. Even adopt children to start a family. So for me a boyfriend is the love of my life and at the moment just thinking about a boyfriend is enough to make me cry and feel lonely. Just because I don't have one and that makes me sad.

15. C P

C P

What the heck is a 'boyfriend/girlfriend'? Sounds like a myth, like the Loch Ness Monster or North Dakota.

On a more serious note, I'll give you one word, from my perspective:

Overrated.

It's one of the more exaggerated things about society. I don't need some other half to make me feel complete and I wish society didn't have it so that remaining single was some kind of taboo scenario.

Would/could it be nice? Sure; even if I probably won't ever know firsthand.

This.

16. LaEsmeralda

Have to agree with you C P! I've been single for over a year and I'm happier than I've ever been because I've been concentrating solely on ME. When I look forward to the future, romance is inconsequential. It could be there or not, but it doesn't define it at all. All up with that independent female shit :slight_smile:

17. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, it's not a myth, it's not overrated, and it's not exaggerated...It's a normal part of life...If you don't want, or need one, it's okay, we respect that, but some of us do want a significant other, including me...Some of us enjoy having sex you know, with all due respect...Oh, and I agree that we don't need one to feel good about ourselves...

18. Jellal

To me the term means someone you can regularly snuggle with and maybe get a little something extra, depending on how close you are.

Though in an ideal relationship, I'd like to think the two of us would do more than that, and by more than that I'm not just talking about additional sexytimes, get your mind out of the gutter. I mean someone who would defend me in a time of need and pull me out of despair, and someone who I would do the same for, no matter the price. Real selfless love. That may be an ideal, but I am an idealist.

19. Psaurus918

A boyfriend would be like having a best friend that you go to sleep next to and wake up next to day after day and never get sick of being around them

20. C P

C P

Independence! *confetti* :surprised

You don't know how good it feels to not be alone here...

* With the myth thing, I was obviously being facetious.

* I'm not even trying to add snark here but gotta love how you seemed to read everything in my post but the 'from my perspective'. That goes hand in hand with the 'overrated' and 'exaggerated' bits.

Then again, the exaggeration isn't exactly, well, an exaggeration. Romance covers every last frickin' spot of media, for one thing. It's consistently shoved in everyone's faces as if it is some final destination in regards to being truly happy.

Being single(and I speak more so about not showing any interest in being in a relationship; not simply the 'starved for love but no relationships work out' sense) is pretty much equated to being a lonely, miserable sack of sh*t; as if something is wrong with someone not ultimately needing or caring about romance or a bf/gf, etc.

* I'm not even sure how sex got into this with the whole "Some of us enjoy having sex you know, with all due respect"... .-. :eusa_thin Even then, you obviously don't have to have a gf/bf to get that.

* I wasn't even ultimately saying that relationships are bad...just a different side to things. I even added that it could probably be nice to be in one.