1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Talk about Make-Up!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MysteriousMadam, Apr 16, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone :slight_smile: happy Thursday!
    I have a ton of stupid questions about make-up, especially eye make-up. This is open to everyone.
    I usually just do my eyes because that's where people look first and also it's usually pretty quick. I would do foundation and all that, but it always look weird on people and it seems like a hassle. Also I'm black and there's not really a good shade for me. I do wear lipstick and lip gloss but only on special occasions. I just stick to my lip balms and dull lip glosses for the most part.
    So here I go:
    1) I usually notice that my eye make-up gets messy or runny during the day. I'm really the only one who notices so I shouldn't care but I still do. I sometimes re-apply it when I have free time but I'd really rather not because I have to take off my glasses and then I can barely see what I'm doing and I usually end up changing/adding/removing something instead of just fixing it. Is there a way I can prevent my make-up from running?
    2) Links to the first one. Usually the culprit is pencil eyeliner that I wear on the bottom. If it smudges, it messes with my mascara which messes with my eyeshadow when I wear it. It's annoying because I put it in my waterline not on the actual rim of the eye, so I don't know how it runs so much. I used to put it on really thick on the bottom, but I've stopped doing that because a make-up artist on YouTube who is a professional said that look drags your eyes down. Funny though, when I put it on thick and heavy, it would actually stay (or I wouldn't notice that it was running as much). Any suggestions on this?
    3) I have really long lashes that have been curled a lot lately because of my mascara, and whenever I try to put on liquid eyeliner on the top, it always gets in my lashes and makes a mess. I just wipe it off but it's a pain and still leaves all these sparkles. Especially with my left eye. Any advice on how to apply it better so it won't get in my lashes?
    4) I wear mascara always. Sometimes the only thing I'll put on is mascara because it's quick and easy (so I can sleep more in the morning :wink: lol) but I notice that's it the hardest thing to take off' it's abnormally persistent. How do you take mascara off?
    5) I'm right-handed and it's kind of hard to apply eyeliner to my left eye, especially on top. Any advice?
    6) I know there are days that you give your face a break and not wear make-up. I usually wear make-up during the entire school week, then the weekend I don't because I'm just at home. But I don't know if that's not enough time, especially for your eyes because the skin around there is really sensitive. Opinions?

Yeah, so that's it for now. You can answer whichever ones you want, don't feel compelled to answer them all. You can ask questions too if you want! Just a little make-up thread hanging around here. I know most of the ladies might like this one :grin:
    Thanks~!

2. AlamoCity

I was my face with Neutrogena or Cetaphil. That's it :lol:.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    No makeup expert, here, sorry honey! Usually I just do my eyeliner, nails and some cute lipstick. Not a big fan of mascara, actually ^^

4. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love makeup :slight_smile: I use a primer for the eyes urban decay has a good one.
    I also use a bb cream to even the skin complexion as I don't like foundation. For eyeliner the only tip I've got is invest in a good brand and instead of applying it all at one go do little steps and repeat for coverage . I also apply concealer under the eye to seal it in and it stopped me getting panda eyes and smudged lines. When I do eyeliner on the lids I do my left eye then my right making sure there even. I used to always do one then on to the next but couldn't match it lol. And i found gel eyeliner works best for me.

Sorry if I have missed anything feel free to ask . Hope this helps .

5. LaEsmeralda

Might sound weird but I don't think my face suits make up :confused: Maybe it's because I have an unglamorous sort of look anyway but anytime I put make up on, unless it's the bare minimum (foundation, powder, concealer - basically just stuff that covers up blemishes) it just looks odd to me. I love applying eyeshadow and blending it different colours together and everything but my eyes aren't the right shape for it at all. When I wear lipstick I'm just conscious of it getting all over my teeth.
    I personally think I look and feel best when I'm at my most natural. So I don't wear it anymore. Saves me a ton of money :lol:

6. Lipstick Leuger

Hope this helps.

7. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
  8. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I'm not good with make-up but I would love to try it.

9. magicalkat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So one thing that really helps with is eye primer although I don't use it unless it is a colorful eye look so for my natural looks I just let it happen. Waterproof eyeliner would work but also see what people recommend by just searching best smudge proof eyeliner or you could use black eye shadow and put it on the same place I remember a long time ago reading something about it not smudging you may want to research about that too.
    For me I put on my liquid eyeliner on before mascara so make sure you do that because that may help and also it is kind of just a practice thing but also I don't know if you do, do this part with out glasses. I have contacts now but i know exactly how much it sucks to do makeup with glasses but just get really close to the mirror because it really can help not having glasses in your way.
    Honestly makeup takes practice to figure out what works for you it takes time and heck it may even take years especially as what you like changes and how you do your make up changes. Also always have emergency q-tips.
    Hopes this helps. <3

10. Burnedcloset

Is it really gay that I've been looking into makeup myself lately.

I've found that a lot of makeup using guys use true match concealer. Blended with the ring finger. Then plain bronzer/contour , Then powder.

11. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love make-up! It is not a problem for me to go without it though, like most days when I have nothing to do I dont wear any if I go to buy food and stuff.

I always put primer for my eyes and foundation and then powder, and in the summer something bit lighter like bb-cream instead of foundation. Bronzing powder to get some colour on my face. If I have time I apply eyeshadow cause it keeps eyeliner better on, but otherwise just eyeliner and mascara will do. I like drawing long wings with eyeliner! Lately I've started to learn how to wear red lipstick (I blame Kylie Minogue for this!!) but it feels too fancy for a normal day out.

I've realised how important it is to wear good brands - the cheap ones just come off during the day. My favourite is Kat von D - if you have a chance to try it I highly recommend!! All her products are brilliant. You can even go a sweaty work out session and nothing happens to your face - I've tried!

12. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

For your makeup running, you can do waterproof mascara. Also, I find that liquid eyeliner doesn't smudge and run as much as pencil eyeliner. Other than that, I just have made it a habit to wipe the skin under my eye with my finger every once in a while