1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why You're Gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellyy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  2. 404dotexe

"Why you're gay?"

Because I like di** and I like men. End of

3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok so you're completely missing the point

4. QuixoticSJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The basic biology here is absolutely sound. Genes, DNA, genetic code, epigenetic traits transitioned by the presence of various proteins, such as sex hormones. All of this is accepted hard science.

I'll just say from an academic standpoint, this video cites only one original source. That source, as one would expect from a peer-reviewed article, contains consideration of 3rd variable problems and alternate possible hypotheses in the discussion section. In short, considering not just the findings, but the study as a whole, presenting the information as definitively as the video's performer is not particularly accurate based on my interpretation of what I read.

Also, the premise itself, while widely accepted, is problematic, in that it's essentialist in nature. That is, without using difficult logic, when it becomes necessary to define your identity and behavior as innate (which was popularized 30 years ago for political purposes), you are inversely insinuating that it would be a bad choice. I don't care much for that inference. It really shouldn't matter WHY, but just that you are and all people are deserving of respect and freedom from violence and discrimination.

It's a much bigger topic than this, but I found it interesting, so thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

5. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arff

this video is amusing
    my first honest opinion is, damn the guy he's sitting with on the bed scene looks really cute...

okay not the point

the epigenetic theory for homosexuality is relatively new and they provide varying range of biological explanation about human sexuality and its variations.
    when i tried to search international journal only 7 result show up one of them is

Homosexuality via canalized sexual development: A testing protocol for a new epigenetic model

to test the result, they said that the perfect subject was sperm of a father with one homosexual sibling and more than one homosexual daughters (from the homosexual side) tested against father that have no homosexual sibling and no homosexual daughters (from non homosexual side)

you know how hard it is to find such sample in this situation where people tend to not having kids or just want one kid??

i believe its going to be possible but REALLY REALLY HARD

therefore so far its just a theory and the article result only give prediction, not an actual answer which hypothesis is rejected or accepted including its statistical powers

anyway thats just my opinion...
    feel free to ignore this if you disagree or find mine irrelevant