1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided to post something (this) up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trikuriboh, Nov 20, 2008.

1. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So when u come out how do u think ur family and friends will take it? Or if ur already out then how did u believe they would take it?
    Let's see my family r going to kill me and probably kick me out (know it for a fact since what they say abut people being gay and such):bang:
    My friends well I knew all of them would be okay with it although I was still kind of worried before cause u know that one chance they wouldn't be.:eusa_danc

2. sdc91

My parents accepted it fine and they still support and love me unconditionally.

Where are you in Texas? I'm in Texas, too.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought my dad would be OK with it and wasn't sure how my mother would react. Turns out that my dad has never said a word about it, and my mother accepts me 100%. Friends weren't as supportive as I thought they'd be, they never said anything about it, but they pulled away from me pretty quickly. I knew my sister would take it well, and she did - she said she'd figured it out long ago.

4. starfish

I expect my Mother to take it fairly well. I expect her to be a little shocked but that she'll get over it fairly quickly. As for my father. Lets just say it may be a good thing that I live in another state.

I figure my brother won't care either way. My sister won't truly understand what it means. She is younger than any of the posters on this board. Though I'm hoping that as she grows up she will still see me as her big brother.

5. musican

My mom knew, my older sister knew, so it didnt change the way they think about me :slight_smile:

As for my younger sister and my dad, nobody's told them yet and I'm not ready to tell them becuase I'm not really sure how they will react. My sister can be a bit a a bitch, especially lately so I wouldnt put it past her to use my wanting to keep my sexuality away from the general public against me.

My older sister and my mom both think that my dad will be accepting, but I'm not sure still. I think that he will be accepting but I'm not 100% sure. What I don know is either way, accepting or not, he is going to make an awkward situation. The day my dad finds out that I'm gay, many many gay babies will be born. Most likely he will go out of his way to say that he loves me te way I am and get way too into it talking about how it would be fine to have my future boyfriends over and that I still have to be safe even though nobody can get pregnant. My dad pretty much garuntees that it will be awkward because he can make any normal conversation awkward so I'm not telling him for a while. I think I'll wait until it's not weird for me to talk with my friends about it and then I'll think of talking to my dad, or rather asking my mom to tell my dad.

6. Kryz

I think my mother will take it good, she'll be really ~shocked~ though, but I know she knows. My dad.... *sigh* He won't undestrand at all, he'll think it's a phase and stuff; he might not EVER aknowledge it. My sis, she'll be like "Oh yes, I knew, I love you though". My Bro will be like "and so... ...?" (He will not care at all, at least he won't show it).

My friends, they'll be really accepting (I hope). But my best friend, she might get debastated the moment she finds out (I hate myself for that).

Thinking about it makes me not want to come out anytime soon.

7. Adam

My parents will probably be shocked but caring about it(I hope), I'm sure my sisters will be supportive, but I am kinda scared how my brother will react, growing up he called me gay and fag all the time and other mean stuff(but he really has no idea I'm actually gay). They all make jokes about gays every once in awhile but if they knew I was I think their views would change. My guy friends are pretty homophobic which sucks, but my friends that are girls I don't think would have a problem with it at all.

#7 Adam, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  8. riddlerno1

well, i was thinking similar things before i told my friends. I thought that things would change and stuff but they really didnt. i still havent told my parents, not only cos theres all sorts of cultural things happening but also because i dont think they'll accept it. Again i may be wrong but i dont think im ready to take that chance.

9. donnie5

i knew my sister wouldnt care(she already had gay friends before i came out)and she didnt she never loved me less and actually i thinked she loved me more after lol. my dad was really scary because hes a very straight forward no bs middle class republican man(if you get my drift) but he said he already knew and that "i was just wired that way" which is my dads way of saying he didnt love me any less(so for the people who are not out yet your parents can always surprise you) my mom is a very loving mother and accepted me with open arms and told me over and over again how she still loved me so much i almost got annoyed lol so i turned out to be very lucky to have my family

10. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Uh well I am in the west part of texas in a little town called el paso (well big city lol)

11. Choucho

I live in Canada. Pretty much everyone I've come out to has taken it well. But that's because, I think, intolerant people simply couldn't survive my group of friends. XD

Mind you, I haven't come out to my father. But we'll just pretend he's not there.

I get called names and stuff at school, but my school has 700 people in it. There are maybe 10 who aren't white.

12. starfish

I'm sorry. :icon_bigg

Though it could be worse. You could be in Houston.

13. starfish

I am thinking about coming out to a friend next week. Not sure though got to think about. I know he will take it well as he is very open minded. The issue is me, not sure if I am ready to come out to someone.

14. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So houston is bad then? El Paso isn't as conservative as the rest of texas, but still with my family all here well mostly (close to 100 people cousins, aunts, uncles, and such) and I can't be out as I want to be. Especially if one finds out then all the rest find out too since they are all gossipy u know.

Anyways off of that subject so starfish a piece of advice is to not force ur coming out just let it come out when u r ready. The first friend I told was a guy and well I kind of did it through texting and well I guess if ur not ready try to wait till the right time. Or if u think u r just do it in a way that u think u can actually admit it like me and texting. Although I am like a wimp sometimes when trying to come out cause I feel weird saying it, but its expected since well all my history and such. Just alot of bad memories, but that's another whole story.

15. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    forgot different there

16. Larry Myster

I live in Oregon it rains all the time here :frowning2:

17. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    really, I live in a desert city so we get very little rain and snow here, prefer to get more snow and rain here lol although maybe it may make the heat worse here

18. musicgirl112233

My closest friends didnt care at all. And my mom doesnt know, if she did i think she would kick me out.

19. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in the deepest reaches of Alabama, but my family is incredibly polarized. My mom's side is middle-class, educated, fun to be around, humorous, and socially liberal. My dad's side is poor, country, military-oriented, and extremely conservative. It's no wonder I told my mom first.

She took it very well. She didn't act surprised, she didn't sound sad, and she was comforting and reassuring me within minutes. She doesn't think it's a phase, she knows it's not a choice, and the only question she asked was "Do you dance?"

She then told my aunt, her sister, and she reacted the same way. I haven't seen her in months and thus haven't seen her in person since before I was outed to her, but I know her. I know my mom is telling the truth and that she had no problem with it.

I haven't come out to anyone else in real life, only online. I posted a coming out thread on another message board before I even found this one. Everyone there took it very well, except this one druggie who thought homosexuals were disgusting and ought to be quarantined.

20. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure my mom will take it OK, and my dad... I'm kind of iffy.

I want to tell both of them at the same time, so my mom has someone to talk about it with, and so my dad doesn't feel put out about me not telling him.

I think my siblings will take it OK / not really care.

And one of my uncles, I will absolutely never tell him.

#20 Kenko, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008