1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here is gay and in the military?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by armydude, Apr 19, 2015.

1. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm closeted gay and in the Army. It is a difficult experience, and I would love to hear anyone else's account of being in the same or similar situation.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I used to be in the army. It wasn't that bad because I didn't talk to many people. Only a select few knew about my orientation. I'm sure it differs for everyone but it was a fun experience for me since the ones who knew weren't bothered much. I got to explore more about myself and sometimes just had fun on my own, but it never really became anything serious beyond a first date since I hardly socialize or leave my comfort zone.

4. trichobezoar

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It must be difficult, Armydude. I was in the Air Force... I served during "Don't ask. Don't tell." I never would've posted on a GLBTQ forum! Times have changed and I'm thankful for that... I'm thankful you could be this open. It must be harder for men than women, though.

'Hope you find a trustworthy person you could confide in... or at least be yourself with. That would help so much--being true to yourself around someone.