1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competing in a Christmas Lighting Contest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daakota, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Daakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I found out my apartment complex is having a Christmas decorations contest for our balconies this year. The grand prize is $100, with second place getting a $50 gift card to a restaurant in town, and third place getting a $25 Visa gift card. I am so excited to compete. My dad and I used to compete when we lived in St. Louis. Its bringing back our good memories of putting up the lights and decorations. I was the designer and my dad figured all the mechanics out. It should be pretty interesting because I am not very handy, but I think I have a really good chance of winning. I already had big plans for my balcony, I just expanded my ideas for out there :grin: I am going to decorate most of it this weekend. When my dad and I competed we won 2nd place, 3rd place and honorable mention. I just wanted to share the news, because I am really excited about it.

2. donnie5

theres alot of cool christmas light displays on youtube that you could use for inspiration:icon_bigg:icon_bigg