1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yosia, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yosia

I'm really, really annoyed at a friend right now.
    So, I have promised to myself that I will always try to support my friends in anything they are going through and i always have done my best to keep this promise. However, my friend said that she is pregnant which I supported her and made sure that she knew both sides of the coin as to keep it or abort it. She said that she wanted to keep it, and again, I supported her decision and supported her.

Now, I'm really pissed off with her because she still smokes and drinks while being pregnant which I really, really hate because you are endangering the child, and there is people out there who can't have children due to many different reasons and she is treating hers like she doesn't care, which she sort of has that attitude.

I sort of have the feeling she is being attention seeking but I am going to confront her about it and ask her if she really is pregnant. If she isn't: I will be annoyed at her for being so attention seeking and lying about serious matters, but if she is, then she will either have to stop smoking and drinking heavily like she does, or i will not support her anymore.[

Sorry about the rant, i just wanted to rant somewhere.

2. Gen

Gen

That sounds completely reasonable.

Attention seeking behavior can be tricky to understand because there are people who create lies to gain the attention of strangers and make themselves feel better about themselves and hide insecurities; however, there are also people who lie to people that they already have established relationships with for the sake of manipulating them. The former tend to be people who might actually need someone to reach out and support/help, but the latter are really the ones that you want to stay away from.

Yet even on the other side of things, being reckless when it comes to a life that you intend to bring into this world is unacceptable. Especially if she is a teenager as well, there are already so many complications that can occur during pregnancy that there is no room to be careless with what you put into your body. I would have issues continue to be friends with someone who would do that as well. Best of luck though!

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds fair. :slight_smile:

One time last August I saw a white trash lady who was about a good 8 months pregnant and she was smoking a ciggarett.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup,sounds reasonable.

5. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Your complaints are fair. But are you sure you're not mistaking a merely superficial attention-seeking pattern for an actual, serious psychological problem, like depression? People can do many self-harming things for different reasons. Maybe your friend is not prepared for pregnancy - if it is real - and is smoking and drinking alcohol as a way to deal with that, one way or another. Good luck anyways :slight_smile: