1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowly becoming gayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Phantomblade, May 26, 2007.

1. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i first came out i expected to suddenly be shooing ranbows and frolicing down the halls and my voice to become more feminan (yea i know its all rediculose, but i didnt know what to expect). I was somewhat relived that none of that happened. but now i have started to notice myself slowly changing. not physicaly, my voice is as deep as ever (i have the best drag queen voice, sounds like ive been smoking my entire life altho ive never touched a ciggetet) but ive noticed i have started gossiping with girls and being well more flambouyant.

has anyone else had this same experiance?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, that's fairly usual. You are becoming more confident about yourself. You are being yourself and not pretending to be something else due to hiding things.

3. Daniel6

Yes. I act more flamboyant after i came out to only two people :icon_wink

4. aussie paul

yep, since I've come to accept myself as Bisexual, more on the Gay side, I have become more open in my discussions at work. I wear bright and fancy ties and bright shirts and stuff. I chat with the women and show an open acceptance of Gay people. The other day, one of the women at work said that I was effeminate! Others disagreed, as did my wife. Perhaps she meant 'sensitive' I asked, she agreed. but still.. ... Paul

5. Steam Giant

I'm going through the same thing right now...ever since I came out, which was fairly recently, I've not only been acting more effeminate, but my attraction to guys also seems to be on the rise. It's good to hear that it's a normal thing, because it's very strange to be going through.

6. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it depends on the person, I've come out to everyone except my parents now and I haven't changed, sure I've become a little more confident now that weight is off my shoulders and I can openly talk about guys, but I've not become 'gayer' just because it's not me.
    So I guess it depends on the person

7. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    bill im interested are you going to tell your parents soon...
    and if you are will you make antother post on this about a month after you do.
    becouse I didnt think i was changing untill after i told my parents

8. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    again it's down to what the individual is like. Some people who are in the closet are naturally up tight and supressing their campness.. and when they come out there's just no need to keep up the shirard... whereas others, well they're just not camp at all.

9. Ryguy

Ryguy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this has hapened to me to. like recently in lunch in school,i was doing this really gay voice to make my friends laugh (which was really good by the way) and they all said i would make a really good gay guy! ironic huh?

10. Micah

I went digging through some old threads and found an old post I made:

==============================================================
    One reason why people feel the need to follow the stereotype
    The pressure to fit in is overwhelming throughout society, and while most of us 'start out fresh' after highschool (different friends, carees etc) for homosexuals, the fact that they *are* homosexual never changes. Therefore they are locked into this stereotype and want to fit in.

Also, this stereotype is well known and partially encourage by the straight community. My friend asked me the other day if we could go clothes shopping and if she could choose clothes and I'd try them on. When I told her that I really didnt want to go clothes shopping she said 'Oh why not? You're gay though, you're *supposed* to like shopping and fashion!'

Because the stereotype is well known throughout both the gay and straight communities, anyone knows that by acting or dressing this way, they will be labelled 'gay'. Lots of people have experienced a great sense of pride towards being homosexual after coming out to family and friends, and for this reason, want to tell the world of their sexuality. One way they do this is to act the way 'a gay person does'.

11. Micah

another idea:

12. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am slightly more effeminate now, but I am very straight acting still. There's only one situation in which I am obviously bi (or gay): when someone talks about gay/bi people in a not-so-nice way.

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The process is actually called "acculturation:" basically you're adjusting to gay "culture." Of course, some people will argue about whether there is a gay culture or not but of course there is--it's just that not everyone does acculturate to it.

It's not really anything to freak out over--unless you find yourself doing things because you think you should rather than because you actually want to.

14. Micah

Very true.

15. matu233

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, after comming out i noticed that i enjoyed gossip a lot more and then i also became more bitchy...as in i would make up gossip about people i hated, and it would get around...:lol:i also became more flamboyant...

16. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'd like to tell them soon, whether I do is another matter lol.
    Although I can't imagine changing even after I tell them... To be honest what they think doesn't matter to me much now, I have such support from friends and siblings, the reason I haven't told is just it'll be so awkward... I'm not close to my parents at all.
    So having said that, I don't think I'll change. But if I tell them soon I'll report back if I do become gayer :slight_smile:

17. xxAngelOnFirexx

I think that I've changed alot. I dress more butch and cut my hair extremely short (except for my emo bangs. gotta keep those!). I wear less jewelry for sure and less makeup and no more nail polish (cept for my toes).