1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

twilight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianoguy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. pianoguy

it was pretty good. I didn't read the book so I didn't go into it as a fully prepared critic.. but i liked it anyhow..

also: im not ashamed here to let everyone know that I would kill for a boyfriend like Edward. for sure.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm planning on seeing it soon. And yes, I did read the book. :slight_smile:

3. WilbersRevenge

I haven't read the book, but after seeing the movie I think i'm gonna have to. And my sister said the movie slaughtered the book, but all movies do.

4. Danniluv

I'm seeing it in a few hours. :slight_smile: Even though I hated the books, I'm excited for the movie. Hopefully it'll be as good as I've heard.

5. pianoguy

yesh it was really a nice movie... but my friends said the same, that it was terrible compared to the book
    but that is always , ALWAYS how it is

6. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

It's not coming out here until after Christmas but me and a group of mates are going to go and see it, should me good since I loved the books. Although most of my mates will probably be commenting on how hot Edward is - I'll probably get sick of that fast :slight_smile: Although from what I've seen Bella's not too bad looking either lol

7. Samus610

I tried reading the book and it bored me to tears. And I really don't want to see the movie, especially after reading some fo the reviews. Plus I just don't want to.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard that even the guy who plays Edward hates the movie. Personally, I can't imagine it (or anything, really) being much worse than the books, but it could be a laugh.

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You must not read many books AND see the movies, it seems.

Anyway, I'll toss my opinion out there and then leave. Personally, I think Twilight is really shitty Mary Sue fanfiction that spits in the face of classic vampire literature and only got published because someone at the office knew millions of teenage girls and their mothers would line up to buy five copies to masturbate to.

That is all.

10. Myke

Myke Guest

oh no...not more twilight talk... It's all i hear about at work, all the girls are obsessed with it.

11. LostBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw it tonight
    Haven't read the book but
    LOVED the movie!!!
    I thought it was really well made
    And easy to follow

And now I can officially saw I am in love with Edward Collins
    He was beyond hot, he makes me want to be a vampire just because he's so damn beautiful

12. *clutches hand to heart* It's not Collins, it's Cullen. But I'll forgive you. This time.

13. musican

haha, nice.

14. Jerr

I saw the midnight premier...

It was "meh" at best.

People were fun to look at. I'm now a team Jasper fan. (His character was played very well and Alice complimented him soo well.)

(((((EDIT))))) By fun to look at.... they were VERY pretty... *sigh*

Ok, so here we go....

The amazing Meadow Scene where Edward explains things to Bella and shows that he Sparkles? ....Not in the movie.

The whole movie feels SO rushed. Which in my opinion is quite the accomplishment on a two hour movie that manages to leave SO MUCH out.

Me and my friends discussed it on our way back from Little Rock. (We went to the Rave.)

We decided...

Movie was OK...
    If you didn't read the books, the movie leaves many details out. (Basic details about the characters/vampires/everything of that nature.)
    If you did read the book, the movie is such a loose interpretation of the book that it leaves key scenes out that were favorites among the reader. (Meadow)

I've not been too possessed to want to see it again because of how much was left out and changed. My favorite line was even cut out.

Edward: Do I dazzle you?
    Bella: Frequently. (In a matter of fact tone. Loved it!)

The Alcoholic references were cut out of the movie. The You're my brand of Heroin is still in there but seems a bit... off.

Bella and Alice still become best friends. Which is another amazing feet giving Alice is in all of like 5 scenes in the movie and in those scenes there doesn't seem to be much/any bonding.

For those who are picky on details... It's going to be her wrist, not her hand. (That's all I'll say on that... that whose scene was changed and only had one shining moment... and it didn't even involve Bella or Edward...)

At least Harry Potter movies stayed closer to the story. Now, I could go on for DAYS about those movies and what they should have had in it or should have changed but it would all be nothing compared to this movie.

I'll leave you with this:

Most guys that sparkle usually aren't all that into girls.

#14 Jerr, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  15. JCal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I couldn't of said it better myself

When people ask me if I liked the movie I always say "I would of liked it wayy more if i didn't read the book before I saw it".

One thing I DID love in the movie was the baseball scene, I don't know why but I just LOVE how Alice was pitching the ball....i found it amazingly awesome :slight_smile:

16. TheRoof

my god im seriously addicted to twilight series-i read the first two books in just a week!!
    i have like the biggest crush on bella and edward omg omg omg

17. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

Every time when I'm trying to read a book, I get a headache. Tough this twilight series really got me going. It became a sensation in my school. Everybody talks about it and says "bite-me Edward". The film wasn't good enough. Emmett got me really for sure.

18. Markio

My friend lent me the first two books to read. I like the first one for it's characters and the vivid description of the surrounding area. I could very easily picture the scenes based on Meyer's description.

I also like the way it blends contemporary everyday life with the supernatural. A book about vampires sounds uninteresting to me, but because it's told from the point of view of an ordinary senior girl in high school, it's more relatable for me.

I don't think Meyers knows much about plot construction, and that's part of the reason I found the second book just kind of funny and hard to really take that seriously. Even the climax of the first book is caused by the sudden introduction of an outside force that had no mention any earlier in the book. Some parts of the book are very drawn out, while she hurries through plot points because she'd rather just write about how physically and emotionally the two main characters are attracted to each other.

I don't plan on seeing the movie; my friends who read the book and saw the movie said that the actors take it so seriously that it's just ridiculously funny.

19. Fiorino

I watched the movie and thought it was pretty good.
    Edward was SO hot-I don't care what you think.

20. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am one of the few people on the whole planet who didn't read it and have no desire to...
    I do have a song in jazz band that is called Twilight, nothing to do at all with the book of course, but a great song, performed it just last night too, great concert...