Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st Nov 2008, 05:32 PM   #1
EC 4 Life!

Orientation: Extreamly Gayrific
Out Status: Some people

Default Hollywood Secret.. Kinda

As a movie creic, movie director, and producer, I have realize that most actors and acctresses are Bi Sexual.... This is not a officialy a REAL fact or anything, but, the if you look closely enough, the actors have kissed other guys in movie and act completely straight in their other movie.

"Jumping into their character," is a myth line, you might as be bi to actually play the scene. For example, in Big Daddy, Stared as Adam Sandler, his friends were gay and kissing eachother, toung and everything! You can see them in other movies with Adam Sandler as well, and they are completely straight. Now Bi sexuality can be somewhat confustion on peoples personality on the way they act. But, they can act gay, straight, or bi anyway they can to make their character appear.

Its common, since the early 1950's.
Old 21st Nov 2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Steven Brightside

Orientation: Friendly
Out Status: A lot

Default Re: Hollywood Secret.. Kinda

DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?

Ashton and .. that really cute guy make out in that one car scene when they were trying to outdo the other couple in their car. I felt it coming but I didn't think Ashton would actually do it.. but HE DID.

So yeah, I don't really see him as bisexual but I guess if you use the Kinsey scale, he's not a complete 0 so he has some bisexuality.
And don't forget that other guy, I actually think he's cuter than Ashton , just can't remember his name.

Last edited by Paralyzer; 21st Nov 2008 at 06:24 PM..
Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Call me Katie

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Ask me and I'll tell you.

I'm not quite sure I follow your logic up there, but I most certainly do not believe that someone is bisexual simply because they have the ability to kiss a guy and girl in movies. I even believe people who AREN'T acting and kiss someone of the same gender and people of the opposite gender aren't necessarily bisexual. It can be a one time thing and there are any number of circumstances.
Old 21st Nov 2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Banned

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Parents, aunts, grandma, counselor, online friends

That's called ACTING, my friend, not bisexuality. Any good actor can and will kiss a person of the same sex whether they want to or not if money is involved. Straight actors are constantly forced to kiss people who they find unattractive and who are not their spouse, but they have to because that's why they're paid. I could kiss a girl for money and it wouldn't make me bisexual, just greedy.
Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Amy
DFTBA

Out Status: Open, not out.

Exactly. True actors become their charecter and leave their actual self behind. Its part of The Method.
Old 21st Nov 2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Steven Brightside

Wander, I've noticed your a bit mean at times. What's with all the emphasis by capitalizing 'ACTING'? Is that supposed to make us feel dumb for not thinking/including that in our response or is that just a habit of yours.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation, as you did include 'my friend', but I will say that your responses to pretty much everything seem cold and generally make my stomach feel nervous. That's no lie, you kind of scare me. Ha..

No offense, I just thought I'd tell you what's on my mind. I'm not asking anything of you.
And I agree, it's not proper to call an actor bi for kissing someone of the same sex. However, I would classify that as "incidentally homosexual" under the Kinsey scale, thus they are not completely straight.. however, who really is?
Old 21st Nov 2008, 11:04 PM   #7
EC Addict

Orientation: 95% gay 4% lesbian 1% polyester.
Out Status: 7 friends and my mum.

Its NOT bisexuality, its acting. I bet MOST homosexual ppl have kissed someone of the opposite gender, does that makes them bi?

It's SO not a choice. But if it were, I would choose to be gay.
Kryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 07:42 AM   #8
The gay gargoyle
EC Advisor

Out Status: Out to everyone

I'm with Wander. I don't know a ton of people in the movie/theater industry, and yeah, there's a lot of gay/bi people there. But the straight actors I know are just that - straight. They can PLAY gay, simply because they're good at what they do. One actor friend of mine played a straight-turned-gay (kinda) in a production, and he was quite good at it. He later admitted, "Maybe I'm too good at it - I keep getting guys hitting on me after the show." But he was 100% straight. He was just relaxed and comfortable enough to do it when that's what the role required him to do.

Lex
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 09:13 AM   #9
EC 4 Life!
Threadstarter

lol I aint sayen thet THEY are bi exacly if you read closley, its not a true statement, also I beleive some ctors may apply to this sexuality, not all of course, and yes they are forces by their director and their paycheck, so they aren ALL bi sexual, only a few, but I am only saying, if they are so compasstionet on there charactor and actually willing to do it, then odds are 4/10 they are.

Now don't get me wrong, just my point of view as a crtic, home movie director/producer.
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 09:17 AM   #10
Wreck Cognition

Orientation: Rawr.
Out Status: 99% out.

That's not bisexuality, that's acting. Unless these guys are method actors and go out on the pull to get into the feel of things. ;]

As it is, I think they like to leave it ambiguous anyway. It's better for the glossies, and the glossies keep their careers alive or dead. If the glossies decide that they're straight, they ignore them. If the glossies find out that they're gay, they mock them. If the glossies don't know anything but suspect a lot, all you get is a continuous cycle of rumours, and it does good things for both the magazine's long-term, and the actor's name-recognition.
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 09:33 AM   #11
I Can't Help You Fix Yourself

Orientation: Garcons et filles
Out Status: Seriously, Everyone knows

Acting. It's what actors do. I mean, my friend was in the musical and her character was a SKANK (no lie). But in real life, my friend is 100% skank free. She was just in character.

FUCK YEAH POWER TOOLS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEjames View Post
I want to murder people that use chatspeak.
Good to see I'm not the only one
Trumpetplyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 09:39 AM   #12
EC 4 Life!
Threadstarter

Okay, so I guess some people and me were wrong. If it is just acting and charactor, then it is.
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 12:34 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Wander, I've noticed your a bit mean at times. What's with all the emphasis by capitalizing 'ACTING'? Is that supposed to make us feel dumb for not thinking/including that in our response or is that just a habit of yours.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation, as you did include 'my friend', but I will say that your responses to pretty much everything seem cold and generally make my stomach feel nervous. That's no lie, you kind of scare me. Ha..

No offense, I just thought I'd tell you what's on my mind. I'm not asking anything of you.
And I agree, it's not proper to call an actor bi for kissing someone of the same sex. However, I would classify that as "incidentally homosexual" under the Kinsey scale, thus they are not completely straight.. however, who really is?
As odd as it is to admit, you're not the first person who has said that I scare them. That part is unintentional. But I will readily admit that I'm extremely blunt when I speak, and I've developed some heavy cynicism from my mother. Rarely do I snap at people or insult them with the intention of hurting them, but I don't hesitate to say what I'm thinking. It's just part of who I am.

Was that a nervous "Ha..." or a funny one?
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 01:29 PM   #14
Amy
DFTBA

Out Status: Open, not out.

^ Blunt is one way to put it... ^

...humourously cynical is another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Was that a nervous "Ha..." or a funny one?
I think nervous...
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 07:56 PM   #15
Steven Brightside

The 'Ha..' was a mix of both feelings

I think it's funny that someone I've never met can make me feel so nervous..

It's just EC has always been a happy go lucky, dash of pessimism here and there, fuzzy get-a-way for me.. it's hard for me to get used to people being overly serious. If you compare my very first posts to my latest ones, you'd see I've become very laid back and.. childish I guess. I've never really gotten personal negativity here and it just sort of makes me feel nervous when I feel like someone is being blunt to make an example out of me. That's just the impression I get, I know it's probably unintentional. I've never been good with blunt people. I tell myself I don't care what people think but when I come face to face with a situation that tests it, I realize I do at the last minute and it hurts a bit on the inside.

Anyhow... no hard feelings. I just wanted to express what I was getting from your responses. I'm just glad to hear that it's bluntness in place of spite.. or malice.. or a better vocabulary word that isn't as evil. I know you're not evil.. or at least I hope so.. haha
- that was humor :P
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 08:26 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
The 'Ha..' was a mix of both feelings

I think it's funny that someone I've never met can make me feel so nervous..

It's just EC has always been a happy go lucky, dash of pessimism here and there, fuzzy get-a-way for me.. it's hard for me to get used to people being overly serious. If you compare my very first posts to my latest ones, you'd see I've become very laid back and.. childish I guess. I've never really gotten personal negativity here and it just sort of makes me feel nervous when I feel like someone is being blunt to make an example out of me. That's just the impression I get, I know it's probably unintentional. I've never been good with blunt people. I tell myself I don't care what people think but when I come face to face with a situation that tests it, I realize I do at the last minute and it hurts a bit on the inside.

Anyhow... no hard feelings. I just wanted to express what I was getting from your responses. I'm just glad to hear that it's bluntness in place of spite.. or malice.. or a better vocabulary word that isn't as evil. I know you're not evil.. or at least I hope so.. haha
- that was humor :P
Oh no, I'm not here to make an example out of anyone. And there certainly wasn't any malice or spite behind that. I think humorously cynical is a great way to put it.

But if someone can feel that much just through written words on a screen, I must be putting off some serious stuff. Hmm...

Anyway, sorry to take this thread so off-track. I'll leave it alone, I guess.