1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best republican nominee to be defeated by Clinton

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Apr 21, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was strategizing this morning and had to share it with anyone who was interested. I think Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, or Rand Paul are the best thing for Hillary. Here's why Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin would be become more competitive if Bush, Walker, Rubio or Kasich win the nomination and it make it harder to win the senate races in those states where we need to win to take back the senate. We don't need to worry about Louisiana, Kentucky, or Texas or even arkansas cause those are typically republicans states anyway and I think Huckabee, Paul, Cruz and Jindal are the weakest candidates to Hillary and plus it will be made easier to win the senate if any of those candidates win the nomination. Kasich(Ohio), Walker(Wisconsin), Rubio and Bush(Florida) would make it harder to win back the senate and the presidency and I think ultimately a southern republican besides florida would be the beset thing for Hillary. If Carly Florina wins the nomination which seems unlikely California will remain democratic and vote for a democrat senator so she would be a good nominee too. I just hope republicans are crazy and stupid enough to vote for Cruz, Huckabee, Paul or Jindal because they are in typically republican states and the weakest candidates in the general election. Paul thinks he can get younger voters but his views on abortion and gay rights say otherwise.

#1 dano218, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not American, but if I had to make a bet, I'd say Bush will be the Republican nominee, though I don't know much about him. What I heard is that he's more moderate than his brother and has the potential to get a lot of Latino votes.

But I do agree with your analysis. Choosing a radical like Ted Cruz to be the Republican candidate would be suicide for the GOP.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep we can only hope Republicans are dumb enough to nominate Cruz and Cruz is actually the one polling far behind clinton compared to the rest of the candidates. But Hillary leads them all!

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wanted Rand Paul to run a year ago because I had the impression he was at least neutral on gay rights and shared my views in most fiscal matters. Then, he opened his mouth this year to appeal to the base, and I certainly changed my mind.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I agree. Rand Paul is likable when it comes to some things but he is one the best things I think that Clinton can have in a general election. Young people are not going to vote for a anti gay anti abortion candidate such as Paul but Rand Paul thinks he can appeal to them. Good luck with that.

6. ZenMusic

Isn't Rand Paul the same person who said he was a libertarian but was completely conservative on social issues, and said he was for gay marriage and against gay marriage at the same time?

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Entertainment wise, Cruz or Carson would be funniest and both would get crushed in a 1964-style landslide. At the moment, Jebbers leads a very crowded insane asylum field with about 16%, with Scott Walker in second with 12%, and Rand Paul is in third at 8.4%.

Now it's still early, but history shows us that the candidate who finished second in the primary usually has the best shot of winning the nomination next time around. That's not the case here with Rick Santorum, who's currently third-to-last with 2.3% of the vote.

Meanwhile on the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton is carrying 62.5% of the vote, and the only candidate that has actually declared, Jim Webb, is at 1.8%. Martin O'Malley is next at 1.5%. These folks need to stop polling Elizabeth Warren (12.5% for those who are interested), Joe Biden (10.5%), and Bernie Sanders (4.8%) because the reality is that none of them are going to run. Without Warren in the picture, Hillary is at 69%.

On a side note, despite her wealth, Carly Fiorina doesn't stand a chance. She ran HP into the ground and pretty much bought herself the Republican nomination for the US Senate in California in 2010, but even big money couldn't buy her Barbara Boxer's seat. And anybody who runs an ad like this shouldn't have any credibility either:

[YOUTUBE]rBlNVXMWe_w[/YOUTUBE]

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes very much so and he is an embarrassment!

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone like the like of Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Carson or Huckabee will guarantee a Democratic win by landslide. Until proven otherwise, I stick by my statement that Jeb Bush and Paul Walker are the only two Republicans with a chance at being elected.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree completely!

11. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Do you mean Scott Walker?

I think Bush vs. Clinton is a deadlocked 50-50 match. I also don't see any reason why they won't be the two candidates selected in their primaries.

(Third time's a charm......)