1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how different would your life be if you did one thing different?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AfraidandAlone, Apr 22, 2015.

1. AfraidandAlone

today i have been thinking of all the little things that had to have happened just right for me to have met my best friend. the biggest thing that comes to mind is if i hadnt have moved to the other side of the country and back a few years later we never would have met. if i hadnt moved away in the first place i never would have left the job i was at shortly after moving out there. i never would have got the job that i got a transfer back home with and i never would have started working for her mother in law. while it has been far from easy (nearly killed me 4 times...) and i have a long way to go thinking about this has really helped me realise just how far i have come and it has really made me feel great about my self. i hope thinking about it will help other realise the same thing. (&&&)

2. tscott

I wish I had made the decision to enter the law rather than pursuing a career in academia. I would be more secure financially and have been happier in terms of the work. I rather have had my fill of rude and insolent students. Maybe it's just today, but this feeling grows with each passing month.

3. AfraidandAlone

what about people you wouldnt have met if you picked a different job? opportunities you would have missed? and who knows which students you may or may not have had some sort of life long impact on?

4. LaEsmeralda

There were a lot of big decisions in my past that would've drastically altered everything in my life. These decisions were very difficult and some of them were forced on me by other people. I look back and regret one or two of them a lot but I try not to think too much about what might have been. I'd just end up going crazy. I know there's that whole saying 'live life with no regrets' but I think we need to remember our regrets, accept them and learn from them for the future.

Waffling on but hey. I'm happy with my life now and I think I would be happy too in my alternative reality, just in other ways.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You have a week?

'Cause answering this, would take a long time.

6. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I never picked the high school I went to, I would have made so many different friends. I wonder who...

If I had never picked to attend the university I go to now, albeit I don't like it, I wouldn't have ran into so many old friends.

If I didn't let my friend make me an MSN in that one day, I wouldn't have experienced such a rich online life. From then, I discovered so many websites, met so many people and have experienced a second life. I wouldn't know what I would have done and when I would have learned my lessons on being safe online. I'm glad I made my mistakes early. My life would have been most different in that respect.

7. Decandyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If i went through with the plans, i would not be alive at this very moment and its pretty scary just thinking about it, how close i was from kissing death... sorry for this dark comment., im all better now :slight_smile:

8. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Funny how it involves EC!

It all began when I started to come out to myself. I wrote it on EC and I gained the courage to tell my mom about it. After I came out to her I said that I had a crush on a girl. And I started to talk to her. The crush became a gigantic passion about that person. It ruled my life for about 8 to 9 months. After spring break I started to drift away from her in every sense of the word and now we dont even talk. This past 10 months have been life changing in terms of how I am and how I act.

I still don't know if I regret talking to her... because it wasn't all flowers and rainbow...

9. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    a very long time.

I think sometimes the smallest details or the most trivial decisions can have a huge impact in our lives, without we even being aware of it. If I had gotten into a different school, put in a different class when I was little, chosen other hobbies or decided (not) to go to a certain trip or event, my friends would be completely different people, I would have different kinds of influences in my life and could turn out to be quite different from what I am today.

When we grow up we're less influenced by the others, but it still plays a big role.