1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex and Sin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tomahto72, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

There is a show on ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) called The Hack Half Hour where a group sit down and talk out current issues. This episode is about Sex and Sin. Dealing with the belief that you should not have sex before religion. Stay with it because it turns to gay christians and a story of a gay penticostal coming tp terms with his sexuality. It really is great.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hackhalfhour/programs/s2415516.htm

If you have a spare half hour go here and watch it. It should work for overseas people, it worked for me (UK). Just download it then it should work.

2. Larry Myster

wow, I didnt look at the entore thing but, it seems pretty interesting, really gets you thinking.

3. starfish

I just finished watching it.

One statement in regards to homosexuality really stood out.

"From a catholic prospect I don't think it should. Because I think the church is being loving. Loving isn't just accepting someone where they are at. That is a part of it, but is also wanting them to be better and to flourish as individual. So by the religions telling them these particular things. They are saying while you are enjoying these things now you can really flourish if you do this."

From that I inferred he was saying that to reach your full potential you must learn to overcome your homosexuality. That is very contrary to my personal belief. I believe to reach your full potential you must learn to truly accept who you are.

I honestly think that view point comes from ignorance. They only know what it is like to be attracted to the opposite sex and they think everyone is like them. So they think it is something people can just stop doing. I could not stop being attracted to men anymore than I could stop breathing.

4. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I mean how does he expect I or any homosexual, trans or bi person to change who they are. I don't think he understands that if you have accepted who you are you have already flourished as a human being and have come along way from being a reclusive person.

The thing that angered me is that I know one of the people in the program (I won't tell you who) and his comment about gay marriage infuriated me. Some people in the program like the one mentioned by starfish are very ignorant and unwilling for change.

All the same I think we need more of this 'talking the issue out on TV' get it known to the people.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My personal belief is that "sin" is a bullshit manufactured concept and should have no bearing on laws or the social lives of people who do not believe in sin, but no one seems to listen when I say that in real life.