1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Kind of a Friend Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

And before anybody says, "Well, I don't know, because I don't have any friends...", that isn't going to fly here! LOL.

Basically, what kind of friend are you? If your friends were asked to describe you to somebody, how do you think they would? If you had to "sell" yourself to somebody, how would you go about that and what would you say?

What do you bring to a friendship?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    if you order now, you can get an additional... only kidding lol. I'm the type of friend that would drive an hour in the middle of the night to pick them up and give them a ride home. I like to comfort my friends, to make them laugh, and to generally feel better about themselves. I am the type of friend to put the priorities and problems of others first and above my own. I just love helping people because I don't want anyone to feel as if they are alone.

#2 Winter Maiden, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^yus. Pretty much summed up what I was going to say! :slight_smile:

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

LIKE THIS!

[youtube]R43dYg_Kuc0[/youtube]

5. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Good question. I'm gonna go ask them.

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm usually more on the quiet/submissive side but once I get to know someone I think I'm fun to be around. I'm generally a pretty selfless person when it comes to my friends and I like to make sure they're happy:slight_smile:

7. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yaaay n_n! High five!!

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am the friend who always listens more than he talks, who can be counted on for help and advice, who will always supportive. That said, I'm very down to earth, I don't sugarcoat things, and part of being a good friend is being honest with them.

9. Psaurus918

Quiet, reliable, funny

10. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm the "Gay friend" basically, since I only hang out with girls...

11. 404dotexe

Well all of you are my friends!
    I dont have a great idea, but what do you think?

12. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm that weird guy you maybe won't talk with that much... But who'll always be kind to you when you need him to.

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will joke around and give you endless crap but I'm also the friend who will be the first one to give you a hug, a pep talk, or a shoulder to cry on when you need.

14. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Some responses I got:

15. JohnX

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the one who curses a lot but they stick with me because I'm not one of those kEWL n' yUnG n' hIP kids at uni. They also think I'm funny and sarcastic.

16. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I'm like a Saint Bernard/Lion/Bear mix. I'm loyal to a fault, caring, and extremely protective. I'll always be there if you need me, even if I'm in the middle of something, you call and I'll drop it for you. I hate to see my friends upset, so I'll do anything to make them feel better. I'll talk or just listen or try to make you laugh. And, if you mess with anyone that I care about or love, I'll kick your ass. No one messes with my cubs.

17. nohalos

So we had this thing where we write our names on a piece of paper and we pass it around, letting people write what we think about each other.

Pretty much, the consensus is:

1.) I am the resident diva. I pretty much sing left and right and even dance. (I even told my best friend I perform in the shower.)

2.) I seem to always have a positive attitude despite the circumstances. I don't really like negativity and I always make stupid jokes here and there to lighten up the mood.

Also, if you call now, you get unlimited ranting sessions for free! Kidding, but I do let my friends rant to me about pretty much anything. In our country, we tend to be "conservatives" and I'm pretty much the person who would loudly say "Vagina!" in a prayer meeting. So, they can confess something very "intimate" to me and I wouldn't really care how "intimate" it gets.

Also, I'm the go-to guy for really sketchy, innuendo-filled jokes. I've no shame. (I would love to make one right now but I'm imagining little children reading it here.)

(!)

18. iamgroot

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty laid back. I don't mind being boring with you. I'm a very good listener. I don't tell secrets. And I'm gonna be the type that would stay when everyone else left cause you're a biatch. haha.

I guess on the other hand. I don't share very much about myself unless you really ask. Not by design ... I'm just uncomfortable talking about myself. Like right now :grin:

19. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Well, I really don't have any friends......
    NOT!
    My friends have described me as fun, creepy, weird, intelligent, soothing presence, carefree, cheerful, depressed, mysterious, reserved, loud, optimistic, nervous, old, young, naive, gay, manly, womanly, talkative, quiet.
    Really close friends think I am mature.

20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the friend. Although I'm basically this weird combination of caring and creepy vibes. Plus I don't like to admit it, but I can be a terrible show-off.

One reason I'm wary of folks wanting to be pally, is because they might attempt to leech off of me. Another reason, is that I could hurt them real bad. It's gonna sound melodramatic, but people can become "corrupted", if they spend too much time with me, and especially if they have a weak mind. It's kind of intuitive. I don't think I could modify it for more positive goals. I can hold back for several hours. But you would see a difference over the course of days/weeks/months. I used to keep a database on it. Unfortunately, I usually get bored with a person after a few weeks/months and end the relationship. I could leave you with some "reviews" of myself, but it might be too surprising.