1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT health!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brianandrobert, Apr 24, 2015.

1. brianandrobert

Hey everyone! I would love to hear stories and experiences with harassment, bullying, physical violence, abuse, and prejudices that anyone has faced. My goal here is to increase communication so hopefully along the way we can help someone who is in need. What goes around comes around :slight_smile:

2. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was recently admitted into the hospital for anxiety and depression. The last time I was there was before I came out years ago, so they had my old name and records in the system. Even though I had my court order for a name and gender marker change with me they still listed me as a male and used the incorrect name. I was told they couldn't change the name in the system until after my visit, forced to sign for the wrong name multiple times, called "he" and "sir" even after multiple corrections, given a male nurse to assist me in dressing who refused to use my name or pronouns because "that's what's not listed on the bracelet", and not given a bra even after multiple requests for one. After they flared my dysphoria and anxiety up to suicidal levels they made me check into a clinic to talk about my depression and why I was so resistant in accepting their 'help'. The whole experience was just humiliating.

#2 Sinopaa, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That's a horrible story, Sinopaa :frowning2: *hugs*
    Well, I think the worst I've had is online, actually, there was this guy who was like blah blah blah, your doctor saw that you had a penis, therefore you are a man and you're disgusting for thinking otherwise blah blah blah. I tried to remain civil but kind of failed on that one.

I have one question about this thread though, and I'm really sorry to you, brianandrobert, if this seems like a worthless accusation, I almost don't want to say anything in case it is; but I've seen similar threads before that were, like... troll threads by troll members.
    Again, I'm sorry if that's not true at all, but I'm just getting that vibe. If it's not true, then it's not your fault, it's the fault of the previous troll, and again I apologize if you're just a new EC member. I wouldn't say anything at all if that previous troll wasn't very hurtful to some people.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    All the best

#3 Invidia, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. brianandrobert

Absolutely not a troll, I understand your concern though! All I want to do increase communication because just knowing people are in pain and hurting for something they can't help breaks my heart. We're all in this together :slight_smile: I'm in nursing school currently and have been doing a rotation on a mental health unit with LGBT patients.