1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Petition I would appreciate you signing...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheHesitantAlien, Apr 24, 2015.

1. TheHesitantAlien

Good day everyone.
    My friend Lewis has an ultra-rare kidney disease and has in the past been on dialysis. However, as of around a day ago, the NHS cancelled support for the drug that saved him.
    Please take a moment out of your day to visit

http://bit.do/NHSlewisbrimble

and sign the petition there. By doing this, you'll help not only him, but countless other people in a similar situation. So please, sign it now. Thank you for your time.
    The change.org page details everything you will need in order to decide whether or not to sign this petition. Iam not blindly asking for support, but it would be extremely helpful in making thepetition powerful if it gains more supporters. We would all appreciate it very much if you could help. :slight_smile:
    And with that, thank you for your time and good day.

- Leo

2. Foz

Foz Guest

Signed :grin: I have a type of MPGN too (IgA nephropathy specifically), I've had kidney failure twice and I'm lucky that my kidney function returned after dialysis and steroids (incredibly lucky that it rebounded a second time) but it likely will happen sometime again in life and a 3rd recovery rebound is almost impossible. Basically my antibodies are 'jagged' instead of smooth, so if I have an infection antibodies are produced and because they're jagged the scar and block the kidney. It does suck because like you friend has experienced a transplant won't resolve it as it's to do with how your antibodies are produced. I've had it since I was 12 but it took them 9 years to diagnose it and I had the joy of spending my 21st birthday in ICU. :***:

It's a shame but the drug is expensive, like £350,000 a year expensive.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

signed

5. TheHesitantAlien

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup: I was worried people would get angry at me for posting this and trying to 'blindly gain support', but it is very important so I figured I would spread the word! Thanks again everyone.