1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would happen if a woman lost a limb during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tommycee, Apr 24, 2015.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very curious about this. I tried looking it up, but I couldn't find any answers.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

OK, a bit random, but I'll bite! Well it depends on how it is 'lost' but almost all scenarios involve losing the baby. If it is done by surgery the anaesthetic would likely kill the baby, if not that then post surgery drugs would. If it were by a trauma event eg. car crash then the G force involved would likely kill the foetus, even if someone say just cut it off, the blood loss would probably cause foetal termination or child with cerebral palsy due to oxygen starvation. Again any viral infection involving limb loss would cause septicaemia and foetal death.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, the baby would still be born normally, as the DNA would be the same. However, I say that assuming no damage was caused in any other parts of the body. Losing a limb would have many side effects that really can harm the baby. As Foz said, it really depends on how the limb was lost.