1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wolfy1, Apr 24, 2015.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    have you ever been Bullied? whats your story?

ill start off with my story.
    Yes ive been bullied. the bulling i delt with was mostly 1st grade- 8th grade. it kind of went in waves, and were mainly about two things. 1st-3th were mostly about how i did not have many friends, and i was picked on because of that. 4th and 5th grade i gained some friends and the bulling stopped until 6th grade. 6th-8th i was called gay pretty much daily, and we all know how much that can hurt, especially at such a young age when your dealing with so much. once i got into high school it pretty much stopped, although i did get an occasional gay comment... but i don't think they were ever in context to hurt me per say.

i don't have a very extensive history, and it was pretty minimal, but bulling still hurts.

whats your story if your have one?

2. AlamoCity

Never was bullied for sexual orientation. I've always been surprised at how I always "passed" and never got questioned, let alone bullied, about my sexuality.

That said, in middle school I was bullied a bit, but it had to do with me being "different." Not sure if if it was a class or race issue. I went to a mostly black school. Never really was too bad, mostly making fun of my shoes (boat shoes and New Balance in a school full of Nike Jordan's might make you stand out) or other really stupid stuff. It just went away when I went to high school (didn't have anyone from that school go to my school).

3. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a brief boy friend when I was 13 and he decided to tell everybody I was gay (this was at the start of the 1980s when it was totally unacceptable to be gay in school) I git bullied to the point where I wanted to kill myself to make it stop. Changung school stopped it in the end.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I was bullied all throughout my entire life. My parents cared about me but teachers and students were awful. I am also autistic and that contributed to how I was treated. My Mom eventually decided to homeschool me since it became bad for my mental health.

5. blackhatguy

I was on and off in elementary school, then in 7th grade. Got some help from an administrator and that stopped.

In ninth grade I kinda felt nervous around a lot of the football players, cause most of them were assholes. One day I realized they were afraid of me as much as I was afraid of them, so I quit worrying about the whole thing.

6. Cedar

Always being the new kid made me an easy target for bullies, so I've pretty much been bullied from K to college. I don't get why some people say that people get better in college because a lot of people act like they were still in high school.:dry:

7. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It all started for me in junior school in grade 7. I had no friends and would sit alone and read. Other kids would pick on me for being a loner and when I tried to be a part of things they acted like I didn't exist. It didn't happen all the time but enough that I now can be overly defensive. Being naive and trusting, people have taken advantage of me and now I carry some paranoia.

But high school was a lot better and I have come a long way from that quiet kid that would walk around alone at lunch.

And yet I have still so far to go.

8. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

I got bullied from 4-9th... mostly because i hang out with the nerds and never have a GF. the peak of the bullying was on 8 and 9th grade they keep calling me a fag and one day i had enough so i punch one of them in the face during lunch break in cafeteria in front of everyone. I got 2 mandatory counseling session and being watched for any hostile behavior for a month.

bullying stopped from 10-12th probably because i join my school national science olympic team. therefore they kind of being nice me to get my answer sheet so they pass science exam.

Now at uni i'm the bully, being teaching assistant gave me sort of power/previlages and i can abuse them (already did)...

9. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am currently in my eighth grade year in middle school and have been bullied quite a bit. 4-5th grade because I was the "goody-two-shoes" and my whole time at middle school by the students for calling me ugly, and not athletic. Every day at school has been pretty bad for me, and I became really depressed. I'm still bullied, but it's gotten better because my best friends know and are here for me and I like my best girlfriend and she likes me too :slight_smile:

10. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been bullied since 4th grade through sixth because of my gender expression a lot. Even when I thought I was a straight girl and had long hair for most of that. It only stopped because I moved.

11. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was bullied in Middle School for hanging out with girls...The funny thing is that they didn't accuse me of being Gay because of it...I guess they thought I look too straight...

12. Eye Shine

I wouldn't go as far to say I was bullied constantly. I occassionally had classes I hated being in because the people in there were assholes and I felt hated it. In 8th grade I hated my photography class because the people were assholes and kept throwing paper balls at me. In 9th and 10th grade Spanish there was an asshole who kept messing with me so I hated that class. Finally the only other class I hated was 11th grade English because again another asshole, but hey I am grateful that it wasn't really bad. It was just four classes in total and other than that I was never really bullied. Also I've never been bullied about my sexual orientation because I only really discovered and accepted in through my junior to senior year in high school.

13. antibinary

I'm autistic, pan, tomboy to the world, ginger, nerdy, and have major obsessions. Yeah... Doesn't stop the "anti-bullying education" acting like it's the victim's fault... There's no point reporting it because I have been physically and sexual assaulted and the school did nothing. My Mum is referring me to CYPS for potential depression and to get a statement of special educational needs so she can get me to another school.

I can't remember when I haven't been bullied.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

[​IMG]

Bullying used to be my job.

It's something I'm naturally good at, unfortunately, which presents a lot of problems. We're often told to embrace what we excel at, because it's part of us, but in my case, what I am superb at, often comes at the expense of others. Naturally, this causes a tremendous deal of frustration, but, you know, I'm working on it. I'm much better than I was, years ago, thankfully.

I had an affinity for finding the most happy/confident individuals, and gradually build up the bullying until they had no choice but to break. It was always a power trip, a reminder that I was worth something, when I could make somebody else cry or uncomfortable. The more sure somebody was of themselves, the more determined I was to "break them" because it proved, to everybody, they weren't as strong/smart/capable enough as myself. I had to know that smile, that confidence, was only covering up the real them, and that they were just as miserable as me.

Most bullies are very sloppy in their methods. Me, I learned very quickly, you can't just verbally or physically intimidate somebody. You risked being noticed, or worse, confronted. I'd plan, for days, weeks and, sadly, even months, to find the perfect opportunities to make a fool out of somebody. The easiest targets were, of course, the insecure and those who lingered with the less popular groups, like the Goths or intellectuals.

Since they were already picked on, it was easy to get my licks in. But the most interesting thing was, these individuals, so desperate for me to stop my tormenting, would often offer their services. I'd make use of them, by having them work as pawns of sorts, to taunt and harass others. And, just when they thought they'd earned my favor, I'd feed them to the wolves -- the very ones they picked on. They'd alienated themselves, like fools, by bullying and upsetting others for me, so nobody had any reservations about harming or picking on them, and it amused me greatly.

But even the popular kids were easy targets, if you changed your tactics. Circulating rumors, courtesy of the bathroom stalls or forged "love notes", tended to do the trick. And when those individuals were discarded from their clique, they needed friends... and this is where I'd come in, to "be a friend". They had nobody else, so they were more susceptible to my whims. All you had to do was speak some sweet words, hang around them, and they'd believe that as being a friend. Middle and high school was too easy to navigate.

Needless to say, I was a terrible, horrible individual. I sometimes still think I am, since it is very hard to not believe in an "if you've even done it once, you can potentially do it again" idea.

Bullies depend on you being predictable. If you cry or throw a fit, this fuels them like a drug does an addict. If you tattle on them, you've given them a real justification to resume their antics, because it has become personal. You have to situate yourself, and others, to be as difficult to influence as possible. You have to isolate and cut off the bully, or else, you'll detour them to another target. It doesn't fix the problem, it simply relocates it otherwise.

Also, some bullies just need their asses kicked. They've got to lose that aura of invincibility and power.

Hopefully this insight helps, even if just a little bit.

15. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Wow, Kaiser's story really opened a new dimension to bullying. The insight was a little bit late on me, but hopefully helpful for others who are suffering from bullying.

I was a very very easy target.