1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys who wear wigs...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BloodFlame, Apr 25, 2015.

1. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had to shave my hair off about a few months ago and I hated how I look with extremely short hair, I felt so insecure so I bought a wig and cut and styled it and when I put it on, I feel so much more confident in myself. I wear it out in public some days and I just feel confident in myself.

But I have been wondering if something like this would be seen as a turn-off to gay men. Women wear wigs without getting much hate/dislike but I've never heard about the reverse when it comes to men who wear full wigs (not toupees). As someone of African descent and known for curly/coiled hair, I had to relax my hair to get it straight but it takes a toll on my hair after awhile and can get hard to manage (which is the reason why I shaved it off). Wigs are pretty much a good alternative for me to express myself on days I want to do something with my hair lol. but uh yeah, any opinions on guys who wear wigs? I'll post some pics of myself without and with.

Without
    [​IMG]

With
    [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I don't wear it out every single day but yeah, I can't deny that I just like how it looks lol.

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't personally think it matters much. Some people are not gonna like it, sure, but that goes for everything. There are also people out there who will either not care or like it.

If you like it, then wear it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Anyways, I think it looks good on you.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally like your hair more short.

A wig would probably be a turn off for me for the most part since I prefer guys with a more natural look. I don't like dyed hair or makeup either, etc. In your case, I can't really tell it is a wig, so if I could not distinguish that it was a wig until told then I probably would get over it pretty quick. However, it would make me wonder why the person is uncomfortable with their natural hair. Being comfortable in your own skin is a turn on.

4. Yosia

I have considered wearing wigs, simply because my hair never does what i want it to do. (and i want it longer). I'm not too fussed what another person does for their style, its their choice afterall.

5. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd wear one of these.

[​IMG]

6. Aldrick

Honestly, I think you're right. It looks awesome. It doesn't even look like a wig. Had I seen you walking around, I would have assumed it was your hair.

After reading your post, a song by India Arie immediately popped into my head.

[YOUTUBE]E_5jIt0f5Z4[/YOUTUBE]

You look awesome no matter which way you choose to wear your hair, and you really do rock the wig. Choose to wear your hair however you like, and don't be afraid to get creative.

7. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of the reasons why I feel a little uncomfortable with my short hair is because it highlights my odd shaped head. For the most part, I have an "egg shaped" head and I hate how it looks. I mean, I have gotten used to it but I don't like it.

Another reason is because I like to experiment with hair. With my hair as short as it is, I can't get creative with it like a person with natural straight or wavy hair can. I didn't relax my hair until I was about 18 so I had to go through all my life with having the same, boring hairstyle lol.

Yeah, wigs can be a great alternative if you're wanting to experiment with a different hairstyle. I've been debating about getting a long wig myself. I'd love to have a dreadlock wig lol.

Haha thanks. And that song was great, thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

I do plan on getting a few more wigs in the future.

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2015 at 04:31 PM ----------

lol

8. Iamthatom

I have to interject here. I just signed up to this forum because I am tired of reading negative comments about men wearing hair pieces. Especially from women or men who just don't understand how it feels to have a part of you taken away without your permission.

Btw the short wig looks great and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference and I'm very observant. I'm not a fan of straight hair on you, but that's just because of the style, I also would not be able to tell it was a wig.

Now something has to be said about how men are unfairly treated when it comes to hair loss. Men are expected in society to embrace hair loss and somehow hold onto their confidence like that's an easy thing to do. And that is absolute rubbish and that stereotype of "you are weak unless you embrace your flaws and wear them proudly" needs to end.

Self confidence is something that is very fragile and it can be shattered easily regardless of your gender or sexual preference.

firstly, it's entirely your choice if you want to wear a wig and you shouldn't need anyone's approval to make that decision. It's about taking back what was stolen from you and not ever being ashamed of it.

Second, some people just don't look good with a shaved head. Its got to do with the shape of your head and the size of your forehead. If you have a large or wide shaped face or large ears you will most likely look bad when you start to lose your hair. It's because it makes your face look wider than it is because you don't have the height of your hair to keep your face structure balanced. So for some men and women this is not a viable option.

Third, when you lose your hair it's not just about your confidence. There is a certain amount of satisfaction you get from changing hair styles and being able to do different things with your hair. It's all about choice and you completely lose this ability to choose what you want to do with your hair when you start to lose it.

You start to only wear one hair style because that's the only way that you can conceal bald spots and then you have society pointing out your flaws and making fun of you because you have a combover instead of shaving your head.

It's a double standard and it needs to stop.

Hair loss is a hereditary disease and it should be treated as such. People need to start having some sympathy for people who suffer with this disease. They did not choose this, it was something that was taken from them.

So all I can say is embrace your choices and never regret anything. Don't listen to the negative people out there who are sheep and can't think for themselves. If you want to shave your head and you like it that way then that's fine. And if you want to wear a hair piece then that's also fine. It's your decision and it's about looking good for yourself.

When you look in the mirror and aren't comfortable with what you see wether that be gender, hair loss, weight loss, you can make informed decisions to change those things about yourself to improve your confidence.

Lastly, as long as you love yourself on the inside then the other stuff doesn't matter. People should accept you for who you are and not the clothes you wear or what your hair looks like.

Much love xo

9. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally don't mind wigs as long as they don't alter someone's appearance to an extreme degree. Yours looks natural and really nice on you - so for me I wouldn't mind it at all! I think you look fine with both hair styles.

In the end, if a wig is what would make someone happy - that would never stop me from being attracted to them. Honestly, if someone wants to wear a wig then good for them!

10. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you look great either way.